Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

ID this bow please

Old 06-28-2006, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default ID this bow please

My brother picked this up several years ago at a garage sale. He never used it. Gave it to me the other day. I'm new to bowhunting so I'm trying to ID what I have. The only identifying marking is the "xi268". The draw length is set too long (not sure exactly what it's at), but the sticker in the picture says it is rated for28 - 31", so is it possibly adjustable? If I can't adjust it then I'll try to resell it and put that money towards a new one. Sorry for the large pics.

Old 06-28-2006, 06:07 PM

Default RE: ID this bow please

The brand is.....XI. I had 2 of them in years past, both Legends. They made pretty good bows, and unfortunately have since gone out of business. The draw length is adjustable, but they are the variety that require modules, which I HIGHLY doubt you could get anymore. If I had to take a guess, I would say that bow is in the neighborhood of 15 years old. Pretty neat relich.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

Guess I'll head down the route of getting a new one then. Since this bow is discontinued, does it have any value as a collector's item? Should I hang on to itor try to sell it now? It appears to be in really good condition, very few blemishes.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:01 PM

Unfortunately, from a monitary stand point, it's simply not worth much.

Now, what it would be absolutely PERFECT for........a bowfishing rig. Turn the poundage down, get yourself a reel and a couple of arrows and points, and head to the creek.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

I like the way you think Mo, sounds like a good idea!
Old 07-02-2006, 12:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

AH, yes XI, didn't they use to be Indain Archery, Evansville, IN? I had a take down from them once, good customer service if I remember right.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:23 PM

That's correct. I can't remember, though, if it was XI then bought out by Indian Archery, or if it was always Indian. I think Indian bought them out when they started having trouble, to no avail as it were. Unfortunate, those XI bows were actually very good.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes they were, and as I said great customer service