Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

My Review - Liberty Bow

Old 06-09-2006, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default My Review - Liberty Bow

Well I have been meaning to put this up for quite some time. The shop I am working at is now the largest volume Liberty dealer we are aware of in the country. Initially they were selling as a novelty item out of the shop, however in the last month or so people have began to realize that this is a for real, very serious hunting tool. I have been hesitant to get the video up, because the bow we initially ordered for me through the shop was not the correct draw length and I have been too lazy to get a longer draw ordered. I need about 31.5" on this bow to hit correct anchor points, etc and in the video I will be posting later I am still shooting the 30.5" bow we initially ordered for me.

Specs:

ATA - 20.5" ATA
Brace Height - 7"
Mass Weight - 2.3lbs
IBO Speed - 309fps
Cam - Draw Length Specific (+/- 1/8" adjustment) 85% letoff
Riser Material - A357-T6 Aluminum
Available Draw Lengths - 26 3/8",26 7/8",27 3/8",28", 28 7/16",28 3/4",29 3/8", 30", 30 1/2", 31", 31 1/2", 32"
Draw Weights - 40-50lbs, 50-60lbs, 55-65lbs, 60-70lbs, 65-75lbs, 72-82lbs
Handle - Synthetic Rubber @ 29 degree angle for proper hand position
String - Winners Choice
Camo - RealTree Hardwoods HD Green

Features:

X Cable System w/ no cable slide rod for no side to side torque when drawing
This thing is quiet!!!! Possibly the quietest bow I have shot. The sound you hear in the video is of the arrow smacking the target at 10 yards.
Handle is in the proper position for good hand placement.
Has a stabilizer mount to tame it down a bit.
Right and left hand models available.

My Thoughts:

This is possibly the most fun to shoot bow I have ever used. It is amazingly light and a pleasure to carry around all day. I actually took one of those quiver clips that you use to put a small 3D quiver on your back pocket, and attached it with a short piece ofrubber peep tube material to the riser of the bow and can clip it on my back pocket and carry the bow that way. You want to get the bow setup about 1/2" to a full 1" longer than your normal draw length due to the extreme string angle, etc so that you can hit correct anchor points like tip of the nose on the string. The draw cycle is pretty smooth, andthe 85% letoff is perfect for hunting, you are only holding 10.5lbs at full draw on a 70lb bow, perfect for when a buck is staring at you at full draw and you need to wait him out. The bow is VERY quiet. The video I will post this afternoon makes it sound louder, but it really is not. It may be the quietest bow I have shot including the XT's, Tribute's, etc. It is a bit jumpy in the hand, but not as bad as a lot of other bows on the market right now. They are also exactly what you want when sitting in a ground blind or hunting from the ground. You can sit on the ground with your back against a tree and your feet straight out in front of you and shoot that way with no interference with a good bit of range of movement to draw on something that is headed your way.

The bow is quick as well. I am getting 307fps out of mine with a loaded string at 30.5" draw length with a 355 grain arrow. The bows are fairly accurate also, more than one would think when initially looking at it. They are a bit more critical of form and shot execution than other bows, but they are plenty accurate enough for the average archer to kill a deer every time out to 35 yards. I have personally shot a 435 21X 3 spot 450 vegas game with this bow. Certainly not my best score, but more than capable of accuracy far beyond what you need to kill critters with. I can stack them consistently into 4" groups out to 40 yards, and one of my coworkers is able to keep them in a 10" circle at 90 meters, I haven't shot mine that far yet. Last weekend my coworker actuallytook his out for kicks to a local 3D tournament and won with a 330 score that included 17X's out of 30 targets(NFAA Marked Yardage to 60 yards, counting center X 12's). This bow will shoot if you do your part.

We set these bows up with a whisker biscuit, and either a Vital Bow Gear pins sight head, or Copper John Little John sight head. The actual attaching block for the sight is molded into the riser of the bow so you only need the pins sight head. I also typically set them up with a sims S-Coil stablizer. The 60lb bows tend to tune very well with 100 grain heads and gold tip 55/75 arrows specifically with feathers instead of vanes. The 70lb bows shoot the 75/95 gold tips best.

In closing..........I think this bow is an extremely efficient tool for hunting and should be at least shot and seriously considered when someone is shopping for a hunting specificbow, especially if you do a large amount of hunting from ground blinds. I would never recommend this as someones first or only bow, as it has a specific niche which is hunting. I will be hunting a good bit this year with one, and all of my ground blind hunting will be done with one of these. I hope to take a few deer with one and can't wait for the opportunity.

Last month our shop owner did an interview with Inside Archery Magazine on the Liberty bow. I am not sure when it will be released and published, however I will update when these are out there. I have pics and video on my camera, but it is in the car right now and it is raining. I will get them posted up here this afternoon for you all to see. More can be learned about this bow on the following link, or you can post up here and I can answer any questions you may have. If you are interested in possibly purchasing one of these bows, please feel free PM, or email meas I am managing the internet sales of these bows through the shop.

www.libertyarchery.com

Old 06-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My Review - Liberty Bow

Wow that's a strange looking thing, never seen a hunting bow that small for an adult.
Is there a mail order catalog or something that I can get or can you tell me where I can find the a dealer closeto me.
I'm from Ypslanti, Michigan. Cabela's in Dundee is not to far fromme.

Old 06-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

Wow that's a strange looking thing, never seen a hunting bow that small for an adult.
Is there a mail order catalog or something that I can get or can you tell me where I can find the a dealer closeto me.
I'm from Ypslanti, Michigan. Cabela's in Dundee is not to far fromme.
I would be your dealer connection. Send me a PM or email to [email protected] if you want to learn more.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Rick
I got some questions on this bow.
Can I useany arrow rest or does that wishker bisket come with it.
Where can I look at one and check it out real good, I would like to hold it and pull it back you know, really check it out.
What is the price on this little thing.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Interesting to hear your comment about the bow being quiet; have they revamped them any lately? The reason I'm asking is I recall Len in Maryland, Davidmil and a few others who've been around this bow report that they were among the loudest bows they'd ever been around? Thoughts?

Very well-written review, by the way.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Would need some wieght to it I think to steady it some and keep it from launching itself out of your hand. Looks like it needs a grip to hang on to it. That rubber doesn't look like it would slide in your hand easily. Odd looking string set up and the peep is close to the cam, aint it.

"This bow will shoot if you do your part."

(there's a disclaimer for ya)

Congrats to the thinker that came up with it!
Old 06-10-2006, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

Hey Rick
I got some questions on this bow.
Can I useany arrow rest or does that wishker bisket come with it.
Where can I look at one and check it out real good, I would like to hold it and pull it back you know, really check it out.
What is the price on this little thing.
Sent you a PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Interesting to hear your comment about the bow being quiet; have they revamped them any lately? The reason I'm asking is I recall Len in Maryland, Davidmil and a few others who've been around this bow report that they were among the loudest bows they'd ever been around? Thoughts?

Very well-written review, by the way.
I don't know when Len got a hold of one, however I know before they hit the market they distributed 30 of them to various potential dealers across the county for them to critique them and give suggestions. I am assuming this is when Len got a hold of his. They underwent drastic changes after this, before they became the finished product they have now. I will be honest and upfront with something like this though I can assure you of that, this bow is quiet. The video I have and am uploading right now is decieveing, however I should take a video of a loaded XT being shot in there too for you folks to compare to. This bow is definitely quiet.

Thanks for reading!!

Old 06-10-2006, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nodog

Would need some wieght to it I think to steady it some and keep it from launching itself out of your hand. Looks like it needs a grip to hang on to it. That rubber doesn't look like it would slide in your hand easily. Odd looking string set up and the peep is close to the cam, aint it.

"This bow will shoot if you do your part."

(there's a disclaimer for ya)

Congrats to the thinker that came up with it!
It is light and no this isn't the bow for you to buy if you want to shoot competitively. You will lose accuracy with this bow compared to say a 33+" ata full sized bow, that is why this bow isn't for anyone. I can say that an average shooter can keep them in 4" groups at 30 yards with this bow with no problems. The handle is actually a perfect fit in your hand and is slightly canted off to the side to help you get appropriate hand position on the bow. The string/cable setup is odd, however it is an exact replica of Martins X-system they have been putting on bows for quite some time and that have had so many fita/NFAA/vegas wins with. It eliminates the cable slide and prevents the torque that is prevalent in so many bows made today because the cables are yanked over to one side.

I am off to a 3D shoot now, but will update with that video later today.

Old 06-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Banned

Send me a pm.. Iwant to know if you can usea trophy taker on one. I want to get a backup bow and this interests me..hell you could throw that in your backpack and have an extra for a wilderness bowhunt. Thanks.
HCH[/align]

Quick Reply: My Review - Liberty Bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.