Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Question for the Hoyt Shooters? >

Question for the Hoyt Shooters?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Question for the Hoyt Shooters?

Old 05-26-2006, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Question for the Hoyt Shooters?

I took my bow into the shop today to have a tune-up done and seen the new Trykon XT bow. How well does this bow shoot compared to the new Mathews SB XT?

They were asking $729.00 for this bow.

Thanks
hunter338
Old 05-26-2006, 06:24 PM

Default RE: Question for the Hoyt Shooters?

I have the trykon XL and I am satisfied with it. It is a fast and accurate bow. The only thing I have against it is the draw cycle. It is not quite as smooth and the Matthews but other than that, I love it.

Thats the price I paid for it.

Rob/ PA Bower did an excellent analysis of the "big 3" couple months back. I tried to find it but no luck.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:42 PM

Here's the link. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1419597&mpage=1

It's a darn fine shooting bow. How does it compare? Well, there's only really one way to find out, my friend. Head back to the shop, have them set one up, and shoot it. Like duc-ey said, the draw cycle is a bit harsh. The new Zephr cam is great, but it's not an adjustable DL (and if your all grown up, it doesn't need to be) but it's built for speed. So, it is a tad more harsh than the cam and a half. Bowtech's are that way too.....smooth mods and speed mods. The speed cams will ALWAYS be more harsh to draw. Just the nature of the beast. It's holy cow quiet.....pretty darn fast, and pretty vibration free on the shot.

I gotta say though, honestly, I don't think it outdoes the UltraTec. IMHO, the UltraTec is Hoyt's best bow, bar none. But this isn't a thread about that, is it? Get out there and shoot one, then you can come back here and tell us how it compares. Personally, I've never, and will never, shoot a Switchback. So I'll never know certainly how it compares. You won't be disappointed, though.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:33 PM

Why won't you shoot a switchback mo-mo? Are you scared that you might like it?
Old 05-27-2006, 12:41 PM

Call it......discenrnment (sp?). I know something evil when I see it......
Old 05-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot an 03' Hoyt Razortec. I love it, I've never had a bow I have had more confidence in..Period.

I too plan on shooting a newer Hoyt for the deer season 2007. Probably the new Trykon.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:27 AM
Banned

I shoot the trykon with the 33'' axle to axle and love it. I shot it back to back with the switchback but I liked it better. It is all in what feels and shoots good for you..try them all out and make your choice.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:07 AM
Host of Hosts

I hardy notice the draw cycle of my Trykon anymore. When I draw it now it is smooth to me. I chrono'ed mine yesterday...and the results are as follows:

Easton Lightspeed 361 grains = 285 fps

Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 406 grains = 271 fps

I really like the Mathews Switchback XT, but I personally think they are on the slow side.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:29 AM

My dad got a Trykon about a month agoso I boughthis "old" bow from him. The "old" bowis a Vipertec with the spiral cams. The Vipertec has been the most accurate bow I have ever laid my hands on, but the Trykon is a very close second. For those who think the Trykon is a harsh cam, you should try the spiral cams! After shooting the spiral for a month, the Zephr cam feels like butter. The Vipertec feels a lot better in the hand-even dad agrees-but there is less shot vibration with the Trykon. To me, it is a toss up. Like has been said, it is best to shoot them and let the bow pick you. When you shoot it, you will know one way or the other. Just for info, my brother has a Switchback and while it is nice, it just don't fit me.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:46 PM

hoyt trykon

Quick Reply: Question for the Hoyt Shooters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.