Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Double Bull  sold out and went to CHINA? >

Double Bull sold out and went to CHINA?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Double Bull sold out and went to CHINA?

Old 05-13-2006, 05:46 PM
Banned

Default Double Bull sold out and went to CHINA?

I have a Double Bull BS5 that I bought 2 yrs ago. When I bought that blind I understood that all their blinds were made in AMERICA except for the T5 Import or whatever they called it. Now that I have a wife that is into bowhunting with me I decided to get another Double Bull and get the Matrix. We bought a new one today and we got home with it and it says made in CHINA on the box. I called the store and they said that all Double Bulls are made in CHINA now!!!!!!!!!! This really disappoints me. I would gladly pay the $40 higher price I paid before for an American made one 2 yrs ago over helping the Chinese. THIS REALLYirritates me off that the Double Bull boys sold out. I thoughtthey were good ole' American boys selling an American MADEproduct. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED. [:@]
Old 05-13-2006, 07:38 PM

Default RE: Double Bull sold out and went to CHINA?

I didn't know that either. If that is indeed the case, I too am a little upset about that.

I will promise you one thing, though. You are gonna LOVE that blind. I enjoy mine more every time I set it up.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:46 PM
Banned

I set it up in my living room tonite and played with it. I can tell it is going to be great. I got the brown/grayolive predatorcolor as I liked it better then the bright green or the bright green brown. I would say that it is basically a browngray color but my wife sees some olive in it. It is a different brown than my BS5. I don't know if this color is going to be available in the future as I heard they were all going to the green/brown predator, so I grabbed it as I REALLY liked the color.. Anyway, I'm taking it out for the last day of turkey season in the am and seeing if I can make a kill on a big tom with it.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:54 AM

Yeah, they are doing away w/ the brown and green and going w/ All Purpose. When I ordered mine, I ordered it in brown but when I got it, I was like......."Uh...that's not green OR brown!" Did some looking and it is indeed the all purpose. I guess too many people were having too much trouble deciding on color so they made it simple. I know I sent them several e-mails trying to decide on color and the new All Purpose was never mentioned. Didn't quite understand that, but I like it.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Banned

Well the blind works well, although two complaints. The new hubs inthe matrix are very taunt and there seems to be no way to open the blind quietly. And I noticed the rods in the hubs really sound metallic as they touchwhen opening the blind. I spooked a tom this am. I tried to setup on him at about 100 yds and I made alot of noise. The BS5 I have is way quieter to setup. I am going to get some clear vinyl hose and slide my hub rods into these and see how it works. That should take all the rod noise away. Those hubs are just really taunt and they sure make a lot of noise when deploying. What are you guys doing to quiet this? Any other suggestions on the rods other than vinyl tubing?
Old 05-14-2006, 11:51 AM

Unbuckle the slide windows in the corner, loosen them a tad, and re buckle. That will loosen the wall up a touch and they won't be so taught. Mine makes no noise at all when I set it up.

I don't think the tubing will work, but I may be wrong. If you look at the hub where the rod meets, there is a ball joint in there and I just don't think making the rod "thicker" will allow it to go into the hub.

Here's a link to the thread on the review I posted of this blind.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1452536&mpage=3&key=review%2cdou ble%2cbull
Old 05-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Banned

I would leave where it goes into the hub alone. Just need the rods quiet so they don't clank against each other. Thanks I will let the pressure off of the windows and see what happens. Did you get a video and instuctions with yours? Mine had neither.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:04 PM

Yeah, I got a video, but the instructions were quite generic, not specific to the Matrix. I basically have learned most of what I know from messing w/ the blind. The video showed how to set one up, but no real specific info. Let me go watch it again and if it's anygood, I'll send it to you.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

VIDEO IS IN CHINESE ALSO SO THEY FIGURED YOU WOULD NOT NEED IT SORRY I COULD NOT HELP MYSELF......I TOO AM DISAPPOINTED THAT THEY ARE MADE SOMEWHERE ELSE. I DID NOT KNOW THAT WHEN I ORDERED MY LAST ONE.[:'(][:'(]
I JUST ORDERED A MATRIX FROM SAGE CREEK OUTFITTERS BUT WON'T SEE IT UNTIL OCT. I HAD IT SHIPPED TO DENVER ( DAUGHTERS ) AND WILL USE IT HUNTING WTS IN WI AND CO (IF I DRAW A TAG)THIS FALL
LOOKING FOREWARD TO TRYING THE MATRIX. I HAVE A COUPLE OTHER DB AND REALLY LIKE THEM ONE IS A WET LANDS CAMO AND I GOT THAT TO TRY FOR CARIBOU , TAN COLOR TO MATCH TUNDRA GRASS. WE ARE GOING TO USE IT THIS SPRING FOR BEARS ALSO.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Banned

Thanks mobo, The cornerstraps were so tight from the factory that the it sounded loke a parachute deploying. The shockcords were actually distorted in shape they were so tight. If those shockcords were covered in a quiet material that would be a bonus. When deploying it seems like a hub always manages to touch another one. It's not the metal center of the hub it's the shock cord from one hub hitting another. Two hard objects clanking together in the quiet woods isan undesirablefeature for a hunting blind.

Quick Reply: Double Bull sold out and went to CHINA?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.