Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

arrow rest help.!

Old 05-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default arrow rest help.!

i have a 05 bowtech patriot... any suggestions on what kind of arrow rest to put on it... any opinions on a whisker buisket?
Old 05-13-2006, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: arrow rest help.!

I have a new Switchback XT with a Schaffer Mat-1 dropaway rest on it. I like the rest fine, but takes some getting used to after using a Whisker Biscuit on my first bow. I really liked the Whisker Biscuit but advice I got from the archery shop when I bought the Switchback was that the Whisker Biscuit was noisier and hard on fletching....which I agree with as I was losing a lot of fletching. I liked the Whisker Biscuit as far as keeping the arrow in place in all situations....climbing, bending, etc. When you go to the dropaway, you just have to get used to this. All in all, I prefer the Schaffer and would recommend it. The Mat-1 is the model for Mathews bows, you would need to look at the E-2 model for the Bowtech Patriot. Check out http://www.schafferarchery.com/productcatalog.aspxandclick onthe E-2. Ray
Old 05-13-2006, 10:53 AM

I have a Botech also and have a QAD Ultra Rest on it.. I am very happy with it..
Old 05-13-2006, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love the Whisker Bisquit myself......... though lots of good ones out there.[8D]
Old 05-16-2006, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

I love me bisquit as well. Arrow will never fall off, andtight groups out to 40+ yards. No worries hunting.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Spike

I have heard a lot of good things about the limb driver rest from vapor trail archery (http://www.vaportrailarchery.com/limbDriver.asp,), works by attaching to the upper limb instead of a down cable, oh it is a drop away, might want to check it out, costs like $85, has a slow motion clip of it in action.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

I had a trophy taker on my bowtech for a day, didnt like it at all to noisey
put a GKF drop away on it, made by golden key futura. The rest only cost
40.00 two yrs ago, never breaks and is simple and quiet.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:02 PM

whisker biscuit is by far the best rest for hunting ive ever used
Old 06-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

My Diamond Victory is very similar to your Patriot. I have a Cobra Diamondback dropaway that I am very pleased with.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:05 PM

I shoot a mathews switchback 70lb draw,29 inch reach etc...

i will now gwt to the point lol (QUAD) ultra rest!!!!!!!!! .This is the best rest ive ever tried, and ive tried many,all around it is a full capture microadjustable drop away rest that an idiot could install,and let me tell you it's awesome period....

Quick Reply: arrow rest help.!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.