Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bowhunting clothes

Old 05-06-2006, 07:24 AM
Spike

Default Bowhunting clothes

I'm looking for a medium weight jacket and pants with scentlok. I bought some really heavy camo for the new york winters, but it is just to big and bulky. Any suggestions?

Old 05-06-2006, 02:02 PM

Default RE: Bowhunting clothes

I'm personally going to get all micro fleece for my next suit.Thought my old hunting cloths were fine but when I drew on a large doe last year I heard my sleeve and so did she .
Old 05-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Spike

Scentlok's Dakota Fleece- Hands down the quietest scent elimination clothing I have ever worn. I wear it unless the temps hit the 70s- Great Stuff- seriously.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a set of the Dakota Fleece as well and I love it. Although I will be picking up a set of either the Buckskin or Full Season stuff for this fall. Check it out - http://www.scentlok.com
Old 05-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

i bought a scentlok camo suit... i hunt upstate new york ... its lightweight, but it withstands the cold...i couldnt find them on the websit but i would be glad to take pics and post them if u'd like...
Old 05-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Banned

My suggestion is to buy a light weight underwear scent system and then where other quiet fleece or other quiet camo over it. That way you can have lots of camo options and not be forced to wear the same high priced outfit every time you hunt.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know you are looking at scentlok, but I just got in the Scent Blocker XLT suit, Realtree roadtrips, version and I must say, it if the most comfortable scent elimination suit I've had on...I'm impressed. I've only got to test them for comfort, but I'm a huge Scent Blocker fan, just my preference and they've never let me down in the past. The roadtrips emblem isn't that noticeable if you not a big fan, but they are soooo comfortable. Just if you are not specifically looking for scentlok.

Oh yeah, very light weight, an early season suit.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:05 AM

I got the Dream Season suit last season.. The only thing I don't like about it is the zippers.. They have this seal on the zippers that make them tough to zip.. Other then that it's a great light weight fleece suit..
Old 05-29-2006, 04:06 PM

I second the zipper comment on the Dream Season clothing.