Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Magnet type floating rest >

Magnet type floating rest

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Magnet type floating rest

Old 04-27-2006, 03:18 AM

Default Magnet type floating rest

Has anyone tried the air rest from double take archery? If you don't know about it www.air-rest.com
I want one of these so bad but i don't want to pay $150 for it. Does anyone happen to know where i might find it or one like it cheaper or how to make one?
Old 04-30-2006, 09:11 AM

Default RE: Magnet type floating rest

Just FYI..this belongs in the bowhunting forum, not the review forum.

You could look on Ebay. I have a problem with a rest that makes me use a 30 gr. insert. The arrow has to be EXACTLY the correct length. Not only is the rest expensive, but so are the inserts.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:22 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Mobowhuntr is this not gear review form. Wake UPPPPPPPPPP
Old 05-01-2006, 06:15 PM

Uh......yeah, it is. Look up. Duhhhh.....Bowhunting GEAR REVIEW
Old 05-01-2006, 11:04 PM

I'm confused!
Old 05-02-2006, 05:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

LOL"I'm confused"

On the topic it will cost more than 150 and I think you should wait a while before buying one unless you still have room in that drawer maked "stuff I bought that didn't work" or "STUPID, STUPID, STUPID"

Old 05-02-2006, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll tell, I like playing with new stuff to see what it does and how is does what it does. The fact that I have place a steel insert in my arrow for the magnets to center the arrow just doesn't turn my crankshaft. And for what it is the price is outrageous.

I've read some reviews on this on other forums and most agree that it leaves something to be desired. Creep a little bit and the arrow is no longer centered. Granted you should not creep whatsoever, but most people do.

If I were to spend $150 it would be on something more useful, like a very, very good pin sight or the best arrows that $150 will buy. At least these would not be an experiment.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seems to be a good idea, but too many drawbacks...
Old 05-06-2006, 04:04 PM

If your thinking about hunting with it, creep a little or have to let down and the arrow falls to the bottom of the rest hitting metal and making noise, not a good idea.
BD
Old 05-09-2006, 09:43 AM

I shot one in a pro shop. Not a bad idea if you are going to shoot targets only. I would not use it for hunting IMO. It takes to long for the arrow to settle, high potential to make noise, and the posiblity of having your arrow head stick to the side of the magnet. Neat idea, and was neat to shoot, but I would not take it out into the field. I can't believe they are charging 150 bucks for that thing. A novelty item at best, and I would maybe pay 5 bucks for.

Quick Reply: Magnet type floating rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.