Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Summit ViperX5...

Old 04-12-2006, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default Summit ViperX5...

I'm sitting here dreaming about using my brand new ViperX5 along with the harness that comes with it. I wish I didn't have to wait another 6 months! Do any of you Summit ViperX5users have any comments or helpful hints about using it?
One great tip about the harness is to roll up the long loose straps and put a rubberband around them. This way it will stay tangle free. Works great! (This tip was posted sometime earlier, just wanted to share again).
Old 04-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Summit ViperX5...

I take a permanent magic marker and put the letter "L" and the letter "R" on the corresponding shoulder straps toaid in putting the safety harness on. The rubber band trick is also a good one. If at all possible, you really need to practice with the stand before you plan to use it, especially if you have never used a climber before. The Viper is a very user friendly, safe and comfortable stand to use. I enjoy hunting out of it more than any stand I hunt from.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Summit ViperX5...

VAHuntr.... Ialso mark left and right on the shoulder straps. Iused an API climber (Grandslam) for 10 years. Time to upgrade. Thanks buddy!