Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

[Deleted]

Old 10-26-2002, 03:58 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-27-2002, 04:55 PM

Default RE: API tree stand

I have the bow hunter and after 3 years, my shrink tubing is cracker to. I called API and for 9.95 and 5.95 shipping they will send you new tubing. A new set of chains are 41.00 shipped so I think I will get the tubing. You slide it on and heat shrink it and you have a new set up. Don

Old 10-28-2002, 11:18 AM

After 3 years on my Grand Slam Supreme, the shrink tubbing started coming off. I went to and electrical contractor supply store, bought some 1" shrink tubbing and re-shrink tubed the chains myself with a propane tourch. It cost $8 to do both chains. Just trim off the excess tears on the old shrink wrap and slide the new tubbing right over it. Heat up one of the pins with the torch and poke hole in the tubbing where you want them. Pretty easy.
Old 10-28-2002, 02:27 PM
Spike

I went to Lowes and bought a $5.59 length of plastic flexible tubing. Enough to do my API Grand Slam Shooting Star. This works much better than the srink wrap...cheaper to. The tubinb is 5/8 inch inside diameter and 3/4 inch outside diameter. You should remove the plastic inserts that the chain goes into. Put the tubing on the chains..let it set for a day then do the holes and heat the ends a bit