Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

well i gave in

Old 03-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Spike

Default well i gave in

i have joined the mathews team with my new switchback xt andHHA ol 5500 sight, ripcord rest, icon stabilizer and easton arrows i really tryed to not buy a mathews but the price and feel was just too good to pass up shoots sweet and the deal i got can't be beat
Old 03-17-2006, 07:39 PM

Default RE: well i gave in

Congratulations on your new bow!!! What other bows did you test against the one you purchased?
Old 03-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have joined the mathews team with my new switchback
Well, Then, Fine ! See if we care. Mathews, psshh !

Just jerkin ya, I also tested the Switchback and the only stopping me from buying one is the draw length specific cams. I want the versatility of cheap adjustability when its time to sell since I have a short draw myself. Enjoy your new bow.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:50 PM

congrats! people seem to be loving them.

terry, are you still holding out you're going to grow a couple inches, or centimeters i mean?

i hate to break it to you man, but i don't think you're going to.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

terry, are you still holding out you're going to grow a couple inches, or centimeters i mean?

i hate to break it to you man, but i don't think you're going to
Wise A$$,
What I mean is at my stubby draw length I would have a harder time selling a short draw fixed length cam bow like a Mathews when I want to switch bows. With a Bowtech its not an issue and modules cost me 20 bucks up here and a shop quoted me $200.00 for a Mathews cam switch.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:50 PM

Well, at least you have a good sight.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:58 AM

Terry $200.00 to swap out a cam????????
The pro shop I work at would swap a cam if its in good shape for about $15.00 - $ 20.00 if you bought the bow there.
If you needed a new cam due to damage or something the cams run around $75.00 plus a bench charge.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:51 AM

he's up in canada, and from the stories i've heard that pro-shop doesn't even kiss the customers before....

bf, that's just not cool.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:59 AM

No kiss, do they at least give ya free smoke afterwards??? [8D]
Old 03-18-2006, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

The other problem we have up here is that all bows are sold through a distributor so any time you need to order a part like a cam, your shop orders, the distr orders and then the manufacturer ships to the distr who ships to the shop, well you can see how the whole process takes forever. Not blaming anyone along in the process but if just one link screws up or forgets to place the order you can be in a situation waiting several weeks for parts. Freight gets tacked on twice and in the end we pay the bill. And yeah some of these shops aren't exactly warm & Fuzzy but we do have some good ones also.

Quick Reply: well i gave in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.