Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tribute or Equalizer ?

Old 03-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tribute or Equalizer ?

If you were in the market for a new hunting bow and wanted a 60 lb 26 1/2" DL one would you pick the Tribute or Equalizer? The Equalizer likely is faster and almost 1/2 lb lighter. The Tribute would be a little easier to deal down the road as its suited to a larger market. I handled them both today and must say that the Equalizer sure feels nice and there is really not much difference in the draw compared to a smooth module tribute. From what I have read on the Equalizer people are getting pretty impressive speeds at 26 1/2" DL. The ATA is longer than the Tribute so I see no reason why it wouldn't shoot nice but the tribute does have an extra 1/2" of brace. Can't buy em both, gotta pick one.[:@]
Old 03-16-2006, 05:27 PM

Default RE: Tribute or Equalizer ?

I have a short draw lenth also.Mine is 28 so we will never sizzel arrows like a 30 inch draw.I have switchback 05 and a tribute 06 and I love them both.So lets wiegh the options.Equaliser a little longer but 1/2 lb lighter.Tribute faster.I got the 80 lb limbs and I shoot 68 Lbs.So if I were you I would get the 70 lb limbs.Also get fast cam bow shop will always change it.Mine does it for free.I shoot a 340 grn arrow at the limit which I shoot a 308 fps and like 72 kenetic energy.If you get equaliser and after a while want to shoot heavier draw you cant.I have gone up 10 lbs scence I started shooting.I see your a life member so why am I telling you this and I have a feeling you have already made up your mind.So you know what I would get and did BOWTECH TRIBUTE
Old 03-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you get equaliser and after a while want to shoot heavier draw you cant.I have gone up 10 lbs scence I started shooting.
I have owned 70 pounders before and with the speed of these new bows really don't need that anymore. It gets awful cold up here in November so 60 is plenty. As for speed, at my draw length the Equalizer is actually faster than the Tribute. It was specifically designed to be a fast short draw bow. As for switching modules back and forth anybody can do that its only a couple screws, don't even need to press them. But I'll mark you down as one for the Tribute.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

get the Tribute I think with the more adjustable draw length when you go to sell it it would be easier to sell than the EQUILIZER JMHO
Old 03-20-2006, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well guy's !

I don't think Terry was listening to you guy's ,let's just wait and see how long it take's him to tell ya's what he bought .Any guess's guy's on which way he went? [I know ].

nubo
Old 03-20-2006, 12:48 PM

Equaliser! Terry, I too am in the same boat. 27" DL, but I prefer 70 lb limbs, therefore my next purchase will be the Tribute.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:51 PM

I would go with the Tribute b/c I found when the poundage is raised on the Equalizer the hand shock gets worse!! You won't go wrong with either of these bows!!!
Old 03-21-2006, 05:59 PM

Well which one did you get I bet equalizer
Old 03-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well which one did you get I bet equalizer
You would win that bet. I pick it up thursday of this week.

Old 03-22-2006, 04:15 AM

either are great bows concrats

Quick Reply: Tribute or Equalizer ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.