Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tribute or Equalizer ?

Old 03-23-2006, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tribute or Equalizer ?

That a boy Terry ,come clean my friend ,I think I'm going to come and visit Fri night ,since Dave's gonna be there we both want to see you put an arrow in the wall while your wife's standing there LMAO.
I can hear the crying now LOL

nubo
Old 03-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

That a boy Terry ,come clean my friend ,I think I'm going to come and visit Fri night ,since Dave's gonna be there we both want to see you put an arrow in the wall while your wife's standing there LMAO.
I can hear the crying now LOL
Sounds good John, I've got some beer on ice.
Well, I got my new Equalizer today and will be dialing it in tomorrow. The birth certificate says 60 lbs, 27", 296 fps. Not too shabby for that draw length!!!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your new bow Terry--which camo pattern did you go with? A few days ago I picked up my Tribute, 60# DW-- 27.5" DL, both smooth & fast modules in a Max 4 camo. Camparing this with my 05' Allegiance, the Tribute edged passed at the line.
Unfortunately I was unable to compare the BowTech's with the Switchback XT, due to the unavailability of this bow/dealer. The Trykon was another I looked at--but in the end I opted for the BowTech after reviewing the aspects. North Sylva (Dave), now has almost all of the matching camo quivers, stabilizers (Wildthing), spare kits, modules, cams and most of all, without questions, he offers his prefessional expertise willingly and this mainly made it easier for me to decide on a newbow for 2006.
Also the Tribute does have quite a bit of zip, it's silent, smooth and the word 'handshock' is now obsolete. Coupled with the Max 4 camo, it brings sincere meaning to the words-- "I like it like that"!!!.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ampa,
Congrats onyour Tribute!! I was originally going to go with that one also but after researching and reading so many glowing reviews of the Equalizer opted for that one. At my draw length (26") the Equalizer is about 15fps gaster than the Tribute. I went with the standard color ( Mossy Oak, Obsession ) and for now have my Impact cosmic on it but have a Cobra/Sureloc sidewinder 5 pin on order. I actually tried all the top new bows before going to Bowtech again and actually liked how the Switchback XT shot very much. What steered me away from it was the DL specific cams and in discussing it with shops who carry Mathews did not get a warm feeling about the need to order cams and parts through the ditributor. I got the feeling they didn't stock much and always had to order from the states which would take forever. I feel better having a local dist like North Sylva who stock modules and accessories. I ordered my bow on Saturday and it was in 5 days later, much better than what I read about here. Enjoy your Tribute, I'm off to the range to sight mine in this afternoon since I am doing the International Bowhunter Training course this weekend at the Wolf's Den.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Terry--sounds like John's grand style has rubbed off a little.
Sureloc sights--I've been looking at them also, nice choice.
I also had the same concern with the Mathews. On the Bowtech it's three screws and the module is off, there's no need for a press, just rest the bow on the side and get to work--but remember to fit the correct module on the matching cam--they'remarked 'B' for bottom and 'T' for top.
Things have indeed improved alot @ North Sylva--as for my Tribute, I'm not kidding--I rigged her up and on my second/third and fourth shot I had my 20 yard pin adjusted and three arrows touching each other. What a smooth bow she is--my speed with a 348 grain GTUltralight 400, averages out to about 284 fps, bow set @ 57# with 27.5 DL @ 27" arrow.
For me it's not much the speed--she does have the zip--but what matters most (for me) is the accuracy and I'm very comfortable with this at the moment. I'm yet to shoot her over 20 yards, hopefully soon. Nevertheless I do have my Allegiance tuned out to 50/60--so I'm still ready for 'dem gobblers' come April 25th. I'm now trying to get my hands on the 06' HyperShock--they're about 1/2" smaller (length) per blade and it'll beinteresting to see how they work on a gobbler.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds good John, I've got some beer on ice.
Terry.

Dont leave that beer outside too long it will freeze

Congrats on the new bow
Old 03-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Equalizer update,
Well I got it paper tuned with 6 shots, good start. Went out to the range and sighted in my single pin Impact Cosmic for 20 yds. Was immediately slapping arrows at 20. Moved up to 30 yds and she is impacting only 6 inches low. This thing really smokes them out there. I installed my STS, a wisker bisquit, and my Stealth 6", and my cosmic for now. I have a 5 pin Cobra/sureloc sidewinder on order but now I'm rethinking that one. Might just go with a 3 pin sight ( I hunt and only occasionally play around with 3D ). If anybody ever felt short changed from being a short draw those days are now gone, this thing is wicked fast. And this Equalizer is totally dead in hand with considerably less vibration than my Patriot had. I love this bow.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Terry.

Dont leave that beer outside too long it will freeze

Congrats on the new bow
Ausie,

We're Canadians man, there is enough alcohol in our beer to allow us to drink liquid down to -35 . And when it does freeze we just dump it in a cereal bowl and eat it with a spoon!