Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

PSE Bows

Old 02-24-2006, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PSE Bows

ORIGINAL: OhioHunter88

.308hunter- is the other bow in the picture a PSE deerhunter? Cause i have one and it looks just like it. PSE is a great bow.

Ohiohunter88
No, the other bow in the picture is my Dad's PSE Nova. It is an older bow, not sure of the year though.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:27 PM

PSE= Parts
Scattering
Everywhere

Old 02-24-2006, 09:52 PM

PSE bows are a great hunting bow. I shoot a vengance with the NRG hybrid cams. With any new bow I would suggest spending the extra money and buy a winners choice string. With that if you don't have a lot tuning experience you may want to look at just the NRG cam and not the hybrid. It will be easier to keep in tune. I guide in UT.and WY. I hunt anything from bobcats,mountain lion,to deer and elk. my bows hold up great. But anything you buy i'm sure will be great with good shot placement.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Host of Hosts

I bought a PSE Scorpion last October and I really like it alot. I owned a PSE Beast before that and had no trouble with them. Well I had a bit of trouble with the scorpion, but it was due to improper initial setup. By no means a bow error just my stupidity with my anchor point.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:42 AM

PSE is on the top w/ the others. There bows are as good as anyones. Pse haswon almost all ASA pro-am shoots. For hunting or competition you cant go wrong w/ one.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:25 PM

I shoot and own a PSE Mach 10, I can't remember exactly, but I think it is 7 years old.

So when I tell you that PSE's are not as advanced technically as the newest bows, I am not bashing the brand. The PSE line does not have anything that is across the board as good as the newest Hoyts, Mathews and even BowTechs. Shoot them all side by side and you'll see for yourself. Their best quality is you can usually get into a decent hunting bow fully equipped for under $500 and that just isn't going to happen with the very best out there. They make a mass produced bow and do tons of catalog sales. A great hunting/starter bow, but do not expect performance on par with the best bows. These bows do kill critters just fine though!
Old 02-28-2006, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have liked my Dakota.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:39 AM
Spike

MaJay What bows of PSE have you shot lately ? I have shot all the new ones out there and in my opinion they are all great. I think PSE has as good a quality bow as all the others. Have you shot the new Browning Illusion? It is an awesome bow and has to be the quietest bow on the market. I think PSE is back on track and I think they will be giving the others a run for there money. My suggestion to all is shoot them all and see which one fits the best.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:22 AM

I bought a PSE Nova back around 1997. It is a great bow and have taken many deer with it.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:33 PM

It is hard to find a bad bow now.All companys make decent products.There are so many it is hard to keep up with them all.Just remember the more parrallel the limbs the smoother and less vib.If you are looking Martin Saber is alot of bow for cheap.No I am not a sellsman or have anything to do with Martin .I also shoot a Bowtech and Mathews so when I say Saber it is for real.Good luck with what ever you choose I am sure you will love shooting it.

Quick Reply: PSE Bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.