Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

climbing tree stands

Old 02-20-2006, 10:40 AM

Default climbing tree stands

Last year I bought theSummit Broadhead backpacker. I'm not sure I'm all together happy with it as it's kind of cumbersome. I've flirted with the idea of buying a tree sling, but even though I'm 29 and in good shape, I've got a history of lower back problems from 15 years of competative bball.

What kind of portable stands do you guys use? I hunt a few different pieces of private property and some public land here in WV, but my best piece of private land is very thick and makes lugging the Summit annoying. I'm looking for a possiblealternative. Anyone got any ideas?

Those of you who use Lone Wolfs-do you think they're worth the price tag?
Old 02-20-2006, 01:44 PM

Default RE: climbing tree stands

i hate summits hook ups--they are way to noisy. check out the equalizer by equalizer treestands. they are a pound lighter and there hook up and leveling system is sweet! well worth the money.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:51 PM

ttt
Old 02-20-2006, 03:56 PM

what do you guys reccomend as a light weight climber for bow hunting.that in your opinion has the easiest and quietest hook up with good seating comfort.anyone have any choices besides summit.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

I just purchased the equalizer a week ago but have not had time to climb with ityet.
The standattaches to the tree easier and much quieter than my summit viper.
The equalizer feels much lighter on my back than the viper.
I cannot comment on the comfort of the equalizer untilItake it hunting.
I can say that the viper is comfortableenough for an all day hunt.
I do plan on taking the equalizer and my video camera out in a few days fora trial run.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out the Lone Wolf Hand Climber. Just from what you've stated, I'd bet you would love it. On the tree in 1 minute flat (dead quiet). It only wieghs 14.5 pounds, w/ a 350 lb. weight rating. If stealth is you're "thing", then you need to try it. It's the quiestest design for packing and climbing!

Old 02-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alot of the people on this board are probably sick of seeing me type this, but I have owned both, and the Lone Wolf is better by far. I have the Sit and Climb model and I couldn't ask for a better stand. I am 6'1"/230 lbs. and I have no trouble staying comfortable in it. It packs up flat, carries like a dream, and it is whisper quiet to use. Yes, they are worth every penny. Forwhatyou stated you are looking for in a stand I think you would be more than happy with a Lone Wolf.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an API which I love, but the bears kept getting to it, so to play it safe I brought a new stand along with my friend, we both got the Summit X5, well before using mine I used his, and I didn't like it, it's a rock solid stand once it locks into the tree, but I just love my API. That Summit is now collecting dust.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:48 PM

I had a summit and did not like it also. The back pack straps had to be undone to get it to climp and then rethreaded to pack back out again. Seat was comftorable though. Bought a Lone Wolf Alpha sit and stand climber. Packed easier, weighed less, less hassle to get ready to attach to tree. Just un hook the bungy cords. Comftorable seat also. Cost more but was worth it.

When I have private property that was just mine to hunt and if I was fairly knowledgable about where the deer ran then I would look into a seat and 1/2 ladder stand. Only problem with ladders is that you do need two to get them set up easily. One can do it but it is a hassle. I also use ratcheting straps when attaching. Replace every other year.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:01 AM

The lone wolf alpha hang on is definitely worth the money. I bought the hang on and the climbing sticks and they worked great. The only problem is I left the stand in the tree overnight and it was gone the next day. I couldn't believe it and I hunt on private property. Expensive lesson learned. I had locked it to the tree too.

Quick Reply: climbing tree stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.