Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

SNUFFER

Old 02-18-2006, 02:34 PM

Default SNUFFER

i've got the hunting itch really bad this winter. I shoot an old compound that is really slow. I bought muzzy 125's and don't really trust penetration with them. The chisle point just doesn't seem right.They are also really small and have a small amount of cutting inches. I then bought magnus 2 blade. They are ok, but i want a 3 blade for deer. The snuffer is easy to sharpen, probably cuts a huge hole, and penetrates good i would think. What's everybodies opinion. my arrows weigh about 650 grains and max shot distance of 20 yards on deer and 30 on turkey. Turkey doesn't matter, anything blows threw them.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SNUFFER

leow, check out the NAP Razorbak.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:56 AM
Spike

every one will probely name off all they favorite boadheads but all of what you mentioned will work great. with the snuffer leaving the biggest hole.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Snuffers are great, large holes and are devistating on game. The only down fall is that they are harder to get good accuracy from.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Typical Buck

try the razorcaps bh. they flew just like my fp and are made of surgical stainless steel. they are easy to sharpen using the montec sharpening stone. Unfortunately I don't subscribe to the bh test by 5 shot but here is my experience. I shoot a light set up. 60 lbs, 350 gr goldtip, 53 ftlbs ke at 260 fps. I shot a nice boar hog at 10 steps, I got complete pentration thru both shields with my 28 inch arrow burring up to the fletching. the bh was sticking out the opposity leg (thru tissue only). I considered that great penetration. I got a real nice blood trail which was 18 yds before recovery. I liked that they flew like my fp's unlike the montec g5. and they are quiet thru flight unlike the g5. They basically are the same design and look as a snuffer but made from stainless and you have the ability to change wts of the bh by changing the ferrule out. Does anyone else have any experience to share?
Old 02-20-2006, 01:53 PM

All the setups you mentioned i think will work fine, arrow placement is the key!!
Old 02-20-2006, 11:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sniper151

leow, check out the NAP Razorbak.
good call

Old 02-21-2006, 06:06 AM

I shot the Razorbacks last year, its a decent head but I had 2 bleeder blades which are factory installed come out on me. The Muzzy's will do just fine. Jmanary hit on the head, arrow placement is the key.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:15 AM
Typical Buck

still no body using the razorcaps broadhead? It is like the snuffer.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:48 PM

That razorcap is perfect medicine for that set up. Long, sharp, narrow, cut on contact that is tough. They fly well, to boot.

Quick Reply: SNUFFER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.