Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tomcat?

Old 02-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tomcat?

Anyone shoot the Bowtech Tomcat? I was going to get the Tribute but It is a little out of my range! This bow also looked nice! I have about 600 bucks to spend....For a package deal...
Old 02-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tomcat?

anyone? any other ideas?
Old 02-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know about the '06 models. I heart they are pretty smooth with the new binary cams. I just bought the '05 to save some money. To me it shoots extremely well for a low end quality bow.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:21 PM

I don't think you'll find a better bow for the money that you can go out the door and hunt with. I bought a 05 Tomkat last fall and hunted the entire season. My friend also bought one. I just sold mine and bought a new Tribute. It was hard to let it go. If it had the new cams I would never have sold it. The bow is very forgiving, quiet, and fast. The guy I sold it to shot in a 3d tournament the next day with it and called me to tell me how much he enjoyed it. Don't get me wrong, to each his own, but my opnion is that the Tomkat is a great bow. Especially for the price. Just make sure that you shoot it before you make your decision.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:50 PM

i baught an 05 patriot and paid around 600 for it. its awsom this was my first season with it . i am so pleased. it shoots my hunting arrows at 296 fps at 68 lbs. no vibration. i prefer the single cam model. just my preferance. look around you can find some sweet deals on 05 models.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mulie,
I bought this package for my wife,I don't think you can buy a better out the door package than the TomKat.I bought the 06 TomKat with a WB Qs,,Montana Black Gold work horse sight,1 doz. GoldTips,Tru-Fire release,peep,and quiver for 560 bucks not bad for a great bow.

also check out www.ArcheryTalk.comthey have a realy good classified section with alot of top dolar bows going fairly resonable.
BBJ
Old 02-16-2006, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Thanx fellas.. The problem fro me is that I do not have any proshops within 150 mile radius... So to go shoot bows isn't very easy.. I did shoot the Tribute and I loved it. It's just a little spendy for me... I will keep on looking though! September is 6 months away!!!!