Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

which brand of arrows?

Old 02-13-2006, 09:03 AM
Spike

Default which brand of arrows?

Currently i have been shooting the Easton XX75's, and it hasnt been doing the job...my fletching are becoming wavey, and a few of the nocks are falling off...i would prefer to get feathers but can't decide between 2 arrows.A couple buddies recommended the Easton Axis or CX but i wanted some other thoughts. Your response would be highly appreciated!
Old 02-13-2006, 09:16 AM

Default RE: which brand of arrows?

I shoot CX and they shoot awesome!!
Old 02-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

I have the st axis and techniqually speaking id have to say the Axis. 1st of all there lighter and have a tendancy to shoot straighter. They also have a hidden insert technollogy a.k.a H.I.T. Go with what you shoot nelson09 you will have to get back to me bout what you get. lol
Old 02-13-2006, 07:11 PM

If your vanes are wrinkling, it's not the arrows fault. I would bet a doughnut that you are getting some contact with the rest or something. As far as the nocks falling off, if you have glue on nocks, well, get arrows with the uni bushing. Problem pretty much solved. If that's not the case, put a little bowstringwax on them. That generally holds them pretty well.
Feathers? No problem. They'll glue right on and work very well. They prolly won't get wavy, but again, there's a bigger problem going on there. Now, if you just want to get new arrows......Of the 2 you mention, Axis.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Now That guy knows what hes talkin about..
Old 02-13-2006, 09:08 PM

I would agree your arrows must be gettins some contact wiht your rest. I would switch to CX's or Easton Axis's with feathers!!!
Old 02-19-2006, 07:54 PM

BEMAN BEMAN BEMAN BEMAN BEMAN
Old 02-22-2006, 10:10 PM
Fork Horn

CX or Gold Tip
Old 02-23-2006, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not real familiar with the CX's but I love the S/T Axis's ,I've been shooting them for 2 season's now and I won't be changing any time soon. I alsop think you have a rest problem ,with your fletching's wrinkeling as you say .Your shooting alluminum's and the nock's most likely need to be glued on .

nubo
Old 02-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Spike

thanks guys...i recently bought the cx's w/ feathers. they shoot great like reflex03 said

Quick Reply: which brand of arrows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.