Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tested the big 3 today

Old 02-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tested the big 3 today

Well I was on a business trip today and dropped in to a great bow shop that had a Switchback,Trykon,Tribute and an Alegience. Took my time and shot them all and to be perfectly honest the difference in feel at the shot is really minimal. They all shoot remarkably quiet and dead in hand. The draw curve is where they really differ IMO. I found the Trykon to be the worst due to that dramatic crash into the valley, the 2 bowtechs very nice and the Switchback the nicest draw and valley. Unfortunately did not have chrono numbers to compare but the Switchback was noticably slower, everybody in the shop seemed to agree with this but what a peach !! Which one would I have walked out if I was in the market ? It would have been the Alegience. Draw length adjustability, draw cycle adjustability, fastest speed, beautiful draw and every bit as nice to shoot as the tribute but a few fps more and only about an inch longer on each end. Anybody who trashes any of these bows just has not shot them side by side, they're all awsome. Then as soon as I got home I shot a few rounds out of my single cam Patriot and realized the old girl will serve me well this season, now I feel better
Old 02-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Tested the big 3 today

Nice reveiw TerryM. I had not shot the Trykon or Tribute. I shot an Allegiance, Switchback and Switchback XT. All are very nice bows indeed. I opted for a new in-the-box ,'05 and on clearance Patriot because of the feel and partly because I always wanted a Bowtech Patriot.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:11 PM

Great review. . .glad you are happy with your currentbow as well.

Too bad the draw cycle is a little harsh at first with the Trykon. I think that draw cycle leaves a bad taste in some shooters mouth, which ultimately turns them off from the bow.

Once you get used to it, it seems to be a well performing bow. It took me a while to get used to the draw cycle, but then again, it is my first bow and I had nothing really to compare it to.

Sounds like you had fun testing the bows out. . .man, I wish I could find a reliable shop around here that would let me shoot the Big 3. I didn't have that luxury but then again, all three manufacturers make bows that will perform well beyond our capabilities as shooters. So in the end, you know you have a good bow whether you go with Mathews, Hoyt, or BowTech.

Old 02-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's the absolute truth Bol's ,we all know that these bow's are the flagship's of the industry ,and what a good way to spend some of your time in a day is testing them all ,at least Terry know's what was right for him ,which he really wouldn't have until he tested these bow's all together .
Terry it was a great post ,thank's for sharing it with us .

nubo
Old 02-08-2006, 05:15 PM

That is why I love my switchback. It might not be the fastest horse in the race but it's easy to ride and always finishes.I also would like to have one of ever bow mentioned but can't afford it.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:28 PM

i can't believe you touched a mathews, eeeeewwwww
Old 02-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

i can't believe you touched a mathews, eeeeewwwww
Yeah I know. I felt like I was cheatin on my wife there for a bit. But I gotta tell ya all these Mathewites who rant and foam at the mouth about how nice the bows shoot aint liein. There I've said it, now I guess I am officially out of the secret brotherhood of Bowtech shooters and marching band ! Sorry Nubo. I was all giddy and stupid and the guy just handed me the bow and before I could react the arrow was stickin in the but.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too bad the draw cycle is a little harsh at first with the Trykon. I think that draw cycle leaves a bad taste in some shooters mouth, which ultimately turns them off from the bow.
Thats it in a nutshell because when you shoot it, its every bit as nice as the others but that drop did not feel nice to me. Beautiful bow though.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

HMMMM! I'm not gettin into that ,I just keep gettin in trouble when i bring up that name .But regardless I'm sure that THAT bow was nice,and you never know what they're all about until you shoot them for yourself ,I'm almost tempted to try one just to satisfy my own question's .

nubo

Old 02-09-2006, 08:43 AM

I have the Outback, and love it!

Fat-Arrow

Quick Reply: Tested the big 3 today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.