Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

want to buy a new bow

Old 01-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default want to buy a new bow

Hello everyone. I want to buy a new bow for hunting and would like everyone's input. I want a bow in the 60# to 70# range. It does not have to be crazy fast. All I want is a bow that is quiet and smooth but most of all I want a bow with the least amount of maintenance or adjustments. Any ideas guys?
Old 01-21-2006, 04:36 PM

Default RE: want to buy a new bow

If i were you iwould look into the new AR Velocity.I have heard great thingsGood luck
Old 01-21-2006, 11:40 PM

well these are the one ive had and know about try mathews switchback parker has great bows look at them and now im shooting a bowtech tomkat and i love it so check these out and let us know how you liked um
Old 01-22-2006, 12:02 AM

Save 50% and get a REFLEX!
Old 01-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

take a look at the alpine bows. i have one and love it. half the price of the big names,in my mind great bows for the hunter.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

dnk,

Check out this website on all the makes/models of bows. Sort them out, whichever way, then read about them andthen decided what one would be best for you.

http://www.huntersfriend.com

THEN... go try out the bows you picked out from the website and see if they are what you want.

Old 01-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

There are so many bows that it boggles the mind. Bow shops want to sell you what they stock or what they can easily get. Most bows are pretty good for a guy like me.
The most important quality I am looking for is low or no maintenance. There is no information on this quality except from you guys and your experience. I bought my Bennelli, Excalibur and Savage muzzle loader for those qualities. Sooooooooo guys, any thoughts?
Old 01-23-2006, 03:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Dnk
The most important quality I am looking for is low or no maintenance. There is no information on this quality except from you guys and your experience. I bought my Bennelli, Excalibur and Savage muzzle loader for those qualities. Sooooooooo guys, any thoughts?
What a great post to test and see who will break the new forum rules. I will not say a word about what bow is best for your concerns on having a low maintenance bow.If you want a hint look below. I wouldn't want to offend anybody by saying the truth.[:-]
Old 01-23-2006, 03:54 PM

If you want some real Ideas. Go to a few archery shops and shoot some of the demo's they have set up get the one that fits you the best and you like the best.Their are a lot of good bows out their but we all have our own opinon!!
Old 01-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: D.Parsons

Their are a lot of good bows out their but we all have our own opinon!!
No kidding guys! It is wonderfull to see how much some guys love their bows but is it all that healthy? Just kidding.
I think I will check out the BowTech but I think I will also lurk around all the posts to see what everyone complains about. The idea of slaving two cams/wheels together is great.
MilDotMaster, how long has BowTech been doing that and is there anyone else that does it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.