Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 2006 BOWTECH DILEMNA!!!!!!!!!!!! >

2006 BOWTECH DILEMNA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

2006 BOWTECH DILEMNA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-17-2006, 07:05 AM

Default 2006 BOWTECH DILEMNA!!!!!!!!!!!!

WENT DOWN TO MY LOCAL BOWTECH DEALER THE OTHER DAY TO PRICE A '06 ALLEGIANCE IN TARGET COLORS. I OWNA '05 ALLEGIANCE AS MY3-D BOW, AND A '04 MIGHTY MITE FOR MY HUNTING BOW. I WANT TO SELL MY MIGHTY MITE INORDER TO PURCHASE THE NEW '06 ALLEGIANCE.

DEALER TELLS ME THAT THE'06 ALLEGIANCE WONT FIT ME B/C OF MY 25" DRAW LENGTH. THE '06 ALLEGIANCE ONLY COMES DOWN TO 26". I WAS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO OWNING ANOTHER ALLEGIANCE. THE DEALER IS TRYING TO SELL ME ON THE NEW EQUALIZER BUT MY HEART IS REALLY SET ON THE ALLEGIANCE. DON'T KNOW IF I'M GOING TO GET THE SPEED I'M LOOKING FOR???

IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS ANY FEEDBACK IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL AND THANKS FOR READING MY POST.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2006 BOWTECH DILEMNA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Deadeye!

I know if it was me I'd try another bow that they do have ,you already have an Allegiance so why not try anothermodel ,maybe you won't get the speed your looking for but the best thing is that it's different ,I'm sure the Ally from last season can't be a whole lot different from the bow youwant .I'm sure if you really want the Ally, that if you do some adjusting to your string and cable's you can get it to where you really want it .But there's nothing better than trying a different bow from the same Manufacturer,possibly the Tribute or the EQ may give you a whole new love.

nubo
Old 01-17-2006, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Deadeye101

WENT DOWN TO MY LOCAL BOWTECH DEALER THE OTHER DAY TO PRICE A '06 ALLEGIANCE IN TARGET COLORS. I OWNA '05 ALLEGIANCE AS MY3-D BOW, AND A '04 MIGHTY MITE FOR MY HUNTING BOW. I WANT TO SELL MY MIGHTY MITE INORDER TO PURCHASE THE NEW '06 ALLEGIANCE.

DEALER TELLS ME THAT THE'06 ALLEGIANCE WONT FIT ME B/C OF MY 25" DRAW LENGTH. THE '06 ALLEGIANCE ONLY COMES DOWN TO 26". I WAS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO OWNING ANOTHER ALLEGIANCE. THE DEALER IS TRYING TO SELL ME ON THE NEW EQUALIZER BUT MY HEART IS REALLY SET ON THE ALLEGIANCE. DON'T KNOW IF I'M GOING TO GET THE SPEED I'M LOOKING FOR???

IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS ANY FEEDBACK IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL AND THANKS FOR READING MY POST.
Actually at your draw length you will probably see more speed with the equalizer. That is what it is made for, speed at short DL's.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:05 AM

Deadeye101,

If the Allegiance is the bow you want then ask your dealer to install the cam mods to make it happen. Meaning you can put your correct draw length on that bow. Some dealers won't do it, but I know it has been done before.

If he won't do it, order the cam mods yourself and install them.

After I purchased my 2006 Old Glory, I told my dealer I would have got the Constitution if it was offered in a 31 inch draw length. He said, "you should have asked me, all I had to do was install the longer draw length mod cams".
Old 01-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Deadeye, you owe it to yourself to shoot the Equalizer... at that draw length, if speed is what you're looking for, it should be faster than the Allegiance, believe it or not. Like Rick pointed out, that's exactly the purpose of that particular model.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I emailed Pat from Bowtech and asked him about the new Equalizer. His response was that at shorter draw lengths the Equalizer is their fastest bow they presently make. Look at the specs 300 fps 60 lbs at 26 1/2" DL. If you were to compare that to IBO 30" this bow would be faster than an Allegience. All reports I have read on it are positive and I am looking at it myself. You should try one and run it through a chrono if they let you.