Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 reflex excurion or grizzly >

reflex excurion or grizzly

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

reflex excurion or grizzly

Old 01-16-2006, 05:29 PM

Default reflex excurion or grizzly

I'm going to buy a new bow this spring and was lookin at those two bows. i shoot instinctive now and would like to try it with the new bow also. the excurion has the large brace height, but short axle to axle. the grizzle has the longer axle to axle, but a really short brace height. does anyone shoot these bows now. i would like to put a wisker biscut on it and the basic sight stuff if i decide to shoot with sights. whats everybody shooting for arrows out of this bow. does it draw really smooth. I don't have any pro shops around here, the nearest one is easily 2 hours away, andI drive a bombed out 1979 ford with a 4 speed. I'd spend 300 in gas to get there.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: reflex excurion or grizzly

Check out my post on the main bowhunting forum... I have been checking out Reflex bows and found out about a new 2006 bow called a Reflex Highlander that is supposed to be really good!

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1383328

Old 01-22-2006, 01:22 AM

The Highlander is the 05 Hoyt UltraMag, sent down to the Reflex line since the introduction of the ProTech.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Okay... That makes sense, mobowhuntr. It's basically an "Ultramag" but with the Reflex name. I just want to try it out when some lefty models start hitting the stores.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:09 PM

I shoot a Grizzly. I don't consider the brace height "real short" at (off hand from memory) 7 1/2 or 7 3/4 inches. It's a great shooter and I like the longer A-A length.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:07 PM

i think there's a difference in the limbs between the ultramag and the highlander. the ultramag has the xt1000 limbs. not sure how much of a difference that would make.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:21 AM

I shoot the Reflex Excursiom with a whisker biscuit. I have had no problems or troubles. It pulls back smooth and quiet.... I would highlyrecomend feathers if you shoot with a whisker biscuit.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:07 AM

Butch, you won't be disappointed. I owned the UltraMag for a couple of years. Really sweet bow.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Spike

i have a real good pal of mine up here in wisconsin that shoots the reflex excursion. from what i know he loves it. he has a whisker bisquit and cx 200's with feathers. he bought the bow on www.obsessionarchery.com

Old 02-22-2006, 06:02 PM

i' sold few grizzlys and my wife shoots the buckskin, the quality is there for sure!!

Quick Reply: reflex excurion or grizzly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.