Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Blind

Old 01-07-2006, 10:09 PM

Default Blind

I'm looking at buying my first hunting blind for bowhunting. I am thinking about getting the Eastman Carbon Pop-Up Blind for $80. Do you think that the dimensions of 57" by 57" are big enough for bowhunting though?
Old 01-08-2006, 07:49 AM

Default RE: Blind

My best advice: find a sporting goods store or two that sells blinds. Walk in, speak with the manager or sales associate and ask if you can bring in your bow to test out the blinds. Test out numerous size blinds, try to find one that will fits the best and go one size larger. This extra room will come in handy for a stool, backpack, extra clothing storage, etc.

Best of luck!
Old 01-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use theAmeristep Penthouse I am big lots of room for the money have
had great success,wanted a Double Bull just to much money can buy
two of what I have now so am staying with Ameristep,check them out
on the inter-net,good luck on your search![8D]

Old 01-10-2006, 11:44 PM

Double bull. The poles and construction seemed more durable to me than some of the other blinds i tried, which was a major plus. The penthouse is good also and very roomy, i just liked the double bull better. I bought the T2, and for just me its ok but im 6'3" and shoot a 30" draw so it can get a little cramped when it comes to shoot, so i have to manuever around a little. But, me and my buddy who is also 6' and weighs 250 hunted out of it one night and he got his first deer, so you can still get two people in. I wish id of gotten the bigger one,but the T2 is plenty big enough.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:26 AM

I bought the Eastman pop-up. I would have to say no, it does not have enough room. I'm really not that happy with it, not too much room, plus the windows that have the shoot though mesh is very small.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:08 PM

Thanks for your responses, I have decided to go to some local archery shops and test out the blinds that work the best. I now know that I need to get the biggest one that I can afford. Thanks again