Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

video review...

Old 12-27-2005, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default video review...

Hey Gang!

From time to time, I get the privilege of reviewing a pre-release DVD from a new production company being started up. I thought I'd share some information about these releases here with you guys. While it's arguable that this constitutes "gear" -- after conversing with a moderator, we thought this the best place for this submittal...

Tired of the incessant parade of 115-120” whitetails being shot at point-blank range by industry personalities that is today’s bowhunting video? Take a step away from the ordinary and enjoy Tink Nathan in “Bowhunting Elephant and Cape Buffalo in East Africa.”

Filmed in 1988 in Tanzania, Tink (yes, the Tink whose company produces the famous Tink’s 69 buck lure) takes the time to inform the viewer about pre-hunt details, and extends a welcome invitation to be part of his adventure. As a result, you feel the adrenaline rush as Tink faces down charges from five-ton hippos and bull elephants after lengthy stalks. Featuring replays of kill shots in slow-motion, this video puts you in the heat of the action! All but the hippo – responsible for more people’s death than any other animal in Africa – are taken down with just one arrow.

The 80’s-vintage videography brings an old-school charm to the video, reassuring you that this is not merely another cookie-cutter video churned out by the usual culprits in the mass production video industry. A full two hours of safari adventure lets you join Tink in Africa without having to secure a passport. But you will want to make sure you have a secure seat while watching – as Tink narrowly escapes the charges time and time again from animals weighing more than a coupe tons.

To order your copy of this DVD, visit www.tinks.tv, or send check or money order for $20 to:

Tink’s Adventurevision Video Studios
PO Box # 294209
Kerrville, TX 78029-4209
Old 12-27-2005, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: video review...

And just so there's no question here: I am in no way affiliated with this company who put out the videos, and am not trying to sell them on here. It was simply a pre-release review, pure and simple. The ordering info is simply there in case you'd like to have a copy yourself.