Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Illusion vs Switchback

Old 12-21-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Illusion vs Switchback

I havent shot a bow since I was 12. I bought a PSE Beast and am very happy with it. I think I've gone about as far as I can with this bow and I wanted to trade up. I've read about the Switchback and how its supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I've also seen the Illusion fired and I can say that its quieter than the Mathews. Still, I'd be remiss if I didnt ask for some help in this, so lets hear it.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:09 PM

Default RE: Illusion vs Switchback

I have shot the switchback and the illusion. Dollar for dollar I think the Illusion is much nicer. The Mathews is $100-160 more expensive. Another piece of info is the mathewsdealers are paying less for the mathews then the illusion. But there is so much more hype surounding the mathews they are getting the money thier asking. After shootingthe new bows i was intrested in the hoyt trykon was the bow for me. If my brother didnt already have the illusion that would have been my choice. Shoot lots of bows then make your choice.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:55 PM

There has to be more people out there that have tried these fine bows.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:17 AM

thing is, your opinion after shooting them is the correct one.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

I have shot both bows and they were so close in feel and forgiveness, that I based my choice on price. I ended up getting a swtchback from my dealer $605.00 out the door. I shot I think 18 bows before making my decision and it all came down to the feel and the performance. One bow to one person is totally different in anothers hands. Its all what fots your style and form. Best of luck and disregard the hype of brand names and just go on the feel in your hands.

jmo ~Jeff
Old 12-24-2005, 01:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a Switchback and I love it. It was definantly worth the price and I started shooting tighter groups with it out to 50 yards. I never shot an Illusion though so I can't help you out on that.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:11 PM

well im a Bowtech shooter but have played with my buddy's Switchback some ......also shot an Illusion at a Bass Pro shop......between the two, not a lot of price difference.....but like the feel of the Illusion much better ....also the switchback weighs a ton to me.....without accessories........i know around here the Illusion is making some noise....getting noticed......but ultimately it's ur preference.....what feels good to you.....bow are quality high end bows
Old 12-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Spike

I have actually shot both and prefer the illusion. There is not that much of a difference in price, at least not at one of my local shops. The switchback is 679.00 and the illusion is 649.00.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:28 AM

I have shot both and with not much price difference in them around here I would have to pick the Illusion...It is neck and neck in the recoil category but I think that the Illusion is much quieter....They are very similar in alot of ways but the Illusion just felt better to me...The Illusion I shot was a '05 model and the Switchback was both a '05 and '06 model...
Old 12-26-2005, 05:54 PM

I fired my friends Illusion last night at the range and I'm here to say that it is Quieter than the Switchback. It fired alot smoother also. I couldnt believe how much better it felt in my hand. Thanks for all the info.

Quick Reply: Illusion vs Switchback

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.