Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 anyone ever use/heard of the STS >

anyone ever use/heard of the STS

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

anyone ever use/heard of the STS

Old 12-16-2005, 12:25 PM

Default anyone ever use/heard of the STS

http://stsarchery.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=6c8f3f5029196a0d30483dab c7c8531f

I bought one lastyear but haven't really tested it out yet. I do know that I have removed my string silencers because it does make the bow more quiet.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: anyone ever use/heard of the STS

They work great. They not only cut string vibration and noise but also stop the string right at brace height which prevents arm slap when you are wearing bulky clothing in cold weather.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Terry!

I just knew you couldn't resist answering this thread .

nubo
Old 12-17-2005, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Although mine is a home-made version I find that it does pretty much what is advertized. Whether you will see any advantages to one is dependent on how your bow shoots now.

If I got it right then you are shooting a Nova. In this case I honestly think you'll notice a difference in noise and vibraion reduction.

What the heck, you already have one, right? Might as well put it on and see for yourself.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really like mine. No other string silencers needed, and after the shot, the bows just sits there in the hand, instead of "jumping" forward! I modified mine to make it fit inline with my riser, instead of beside the riser, makes for a cleaner install!
Old 12-19-2005, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Howler,

Can you post some pics? I've thought about installing one of these on my new Allegiance, but right now can't bear the thought of detracting from such a beautiful bow... Anything to "prettyit up" would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-19-2005, 04:11 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Ok! what is it ?????????????
Old 12-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

rwk,

http://www.stsarchery.com/main.shtml
Old 12-19-2005, 07:24 PM

I wonder what loss in speed may be caused by it. Also, it sounds unnatural at first glance. Is there any chance of eventual bow damage being the complete follow through of the string has been stopped dead it its tracks? Doesn't the string follow through help dissapate some of the energy which will now be transferred to the bow?? Believe me... I really don't know what I'm talking about... just some questions that jump to mind.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Actually, some peopleexperience an increase in speed by using an STS. It has to do with the fact that after reaching brace (straight up and down), the string is actually slowing down as it goes further past. If a nock is somewhat tight, the string in effect "holds on" to the arrow, and robs it of a few feet per second. With the STS stopping the string right at brace, that doesn't happen.

And, as far as vibration goes, the STS has Navcom material at the end of it... thus absorbing some of that energy that otherwise would be transferred to the bow itself.

Quick Reply: anyone ever use/heard of the STS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.