Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

BoeTech Bows

Old 12-14-2005, 10:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default BoeTech Bows

read a scary post about BowTech bows is it a common thing for these bows to have problems with limbs splitting..
Old 12-14-2005, 11:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BoeTech Bows

Most of the problems with split limbs on the Bowtechs is shops using the wrong press.

You need a press that is designed for parrel limb bows.

Now take into concideration where Bowtech get their limbs from Gordon Glass who also make the limbs for most of the big companies.

Bowtech dont have any more return limbs than most of the other companies.

It could be from incorrect pressing of the bow or a bad batch from Gordon but no matter what Bowtech stand behind their bows, they have the best customer service I have come across in the last 45 years of archery.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:06 AM
Typical Buck

Ok after being given some feedback Bowtech Bows are still going to be one of the bows I look into and want to try out,, will be going to my local proshop today to see if they can get a couple of the modles I want to try out ..
Old 12-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

htoler,

As a "veteran" of a lot of these internet boards, I'll also give you a quick tip that you would have learned on your own anyway, but take my "experience" and use it as your "wisdom"...

Often times, posters who start threads which tend to have a negative slant -- whether outwardly malicious or not -- seem to have their own agenda behind them. Not always; sometimes it's a fellow archer actually looking to help out his brethren and save them the grief they went through -- sort of like my previous statement. But, oftentimes, if you'll go back and research that poster's past offerings, you'll see that ALL their posts are skewed for/against a certain product that they either like or dislike.

Again, this is not a blanket statement, but keep the idea in mind -- especially when it comes to someone finding fault with bow companies. Let's be honest, ALL the top bow companies make quality products out there these days... it's just that some have fine-tuned certain areas to be more compatible or a better fit with a certain style of end user.

It's kind of like the Ford vs. Chevy debate with has transpired forever now...

Last week, I needed to borrow a truck to move a bed with. I let my friend who had a Ford F-150 borrow my Lexus so I could use his truck. I noted to my wife (who rode with me) about the harsh ride, lack of amenities, dash gauges going out, and rough start, among other things. Now, I would have never said anything about those matters to the owner of the truck; he was nice enough to let me borrow it. When we swapped back, I wasn't going to even ask him how his experience with the Lexuswas, but my wife couldn't resist. His response? Eeeeeh, it's OK. See? He's stuck on his Ford... though the two vehicles as purely vehicles don't even compare in comfort, ride quality, technical marvel, etc. (yes, his truck serves a different purpose; my wife was asking about the sheer pleasure of driving the vehicle, and he knew it).

I personally don't think there's a finer bow being made out there than Bowtech. Silky smooth draw, highest speeds in the industry (an amazing combination!!!), hands-down the best factory grip provided on a bow... but those are MY opinions. Go and shoot one yourself and see if you agree!
Old 12-17-2005, 10:40 PM

I have had some limb problems with my constitution. But, I will say the performance from the bow is far above any other bow in my stable. I will be target shooting (Not a 5 GPP but 6), and bow hunting next season with the bow. If I was going on a trip with only one bow, it would not be the bowtech.

To me Bowtech is the corvette of the bow manufactures. I would say Hoyt is the Honda. They will last a long time and give you good but not great performance.

In my opinion the EBC needs one modification. They need to split the cables to both sides on the cam with a split yoke. The problems I have had with the limbs was caused by the cam lean. Since I have removed the cam lean I have not had any problems. If they would make the limbs wider, and split the cable to both sides on the cam this would allow you to remove the lean.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: BowTech Bows

how did you remove the cam lean?? and why if you were taking a trip with only one bow why would it not be the BowTech??
Old 12-18-2005, 05:36 AM

ORIGINAL: MQ1shooter

Often times, posters who start threads which tend to have a negative slant -- whether outwardly malicious or not -- seem to have their own agenda behind them.
AMEN to that.

I own a Liberty and have NEVER had anything but great things happen with it. It is always faithful in the backstrap department.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

The problems I have had with the limbs was caused by the cam lean. Since I have removed the cam lean I have not had any problems.

How did you get rid of the cam lean???
Old 12-20-2005, 09:57 PM

have owned some kind of bowtech for past 4 years and have never had limb failure......had a few small issues with there paint on the earlier models......have never had a cam lean problem on any of them.....even my new allegiance with the binary cam system.....it is always possible to get a bad limb on one.......same goes for all bows.....same company makes limbs for almost every bow on the market.......one big issue is alot of people pushing weight limits on their arrows (under weight = dry fire).....have a one local around here who has taken back an AR a couple of times then switched to mathews and taken it back 2 or 3 times......simply because he is shooting way to light of an arrow trying to gain that extra speed
Old 12-21-2005, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ewolf

I have had some limb problems with my constitution. But, I will say the performance from the bow is far above any other bow in my stable. I will be target shooting (Not a 5 GPP but 6), and bow hunting next season with the bow. If I was going on a trip with only one bow, it would not be the bowtech.

To me Bowtech is the corvette of the bow manufactures. I would say Hoyt is the Honda. They will last a long time and give you good but not great performance.

In my opinion the EBC needs one modification. They need to split the cables to both sides on the cam with a split yoke. The problems I have had with the limbs was caused by the cam lean. Since I have removed the cam lean I have not had any problems. If they would make the limbs wider, and split the cable to both sides on the cam this would allow you to remove the lean.
How did you get rid of the cam lean? Would a binary cam still be a binary cam if there were yokes? Do you know what is unique about a binary cam when compared to other twin cam bows? It is that they are slaved to each other. Because of this, it is impossible to add yokes to a binary cam. Cam lean did not make your limb problems. The manufacturing process, improper pressing, or freak incident made the limb problems.

Limb problems on Bowtechs are not as widespread as people make them out to be either. They are also very commone on almost every other brand bow out there. I have an 04 patriot that honestly has well over 5000-7000 shots on it now, many of them at the 5 gpp area, and have no limb problems with it. I have no problems with my allegiance either, and don't anticipate any problems with my Constitution that is on the way. I don't know anyone locally with the limb problems either except one guy that has an allegiance with 90lb limbs. I also watched this same guyshooting a sub 400 grain arrow out of that bow multiple times to impress everyone with his 350+fps arrow speeds........so I don't think the problem there was the bow.

Quick Reply: BoeTech Bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.