Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

new bow

Old 12-11-2005, 07:48 AM

Default new bow

hello,
i have been wanting a new bow, and i wanted some opinions on what would be a good brand,
of course you hear about mathews, hoyt, bowtech.
i currently shoot an older pse carol intruder.
due to an old elbow injury i can pull comfortbaly between 55 & 60 lbs.
i dont do a lot of shooting due to the mentioned injury, so i use my bow for mostly deer hunting, i shoot a few shots to make sure i'm sighted in, but i dont do a lot of target practicing.

im just wanting to know what would be a good bow, for these specs, that would give me the best speed and performance

Old 12-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: new bow

I also used to have a PSE Carroll Intruder, then a PSE Carrera, and about
a week ago purchased a '05 Mathews Switchback. Mine is a 70# but they make them in 60#. They have a very smooth draw and although I don't
think it is quite as fast as my PSE Carrera but should be fast enough. There are many high quality bows to choose from, the best thing to do would be to go try out as many as you can before deciding. I tried out the
new Hoyt, new Bowtech andMathews all in the same archery
shop before deciding which was best for me.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:06 PM

Default RE: new bow

I had an oldPSE until a few weeks ago.I think it wasa carrol marauder. Igot tired of the piece of @#$! and bought a Whisper Creek Innovator. It is just as fastas my brothers mathewsand just as smoothe. The bow shop i got it from sells mostly Parker bowsbut can't keep these in stock. Just try out all the bows until you find one you like.