Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Shot a Tribute and a Trykon >

Shot a Tribute and a Trykon

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Shot a Tribute and a Trykon

Old 12-05-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Shot a Tribute and a Trykon

Went to Macrotech today and shot a new Bowtech Tribute, a Hoyt Trykon and my Bowtech Defender.

IMO, the Trykon had a very smooth draw until you hit the letoff and then bam! All the letoff and then right into the wall. Personally I don't like that. If they could change that, it would be sweet. It felt good and well balanced. I didn't like the "twang" sound upon release. Maybe different string sliencers would work better. It was the ligher of the two bows.

The Tribute had a smooth draw and I liked the let off much better. Nice solid wall to pull against, smooth release and no hand shock that I could tell. It was noticably quieter also. This bow was a dream for ME to shoot. It is a little nicer than my Defender performance wise but it has some other features that I like such as the modules. Change your draw length without a press, nice!

So I pick the Tribute over the Trykon from my test. Now I just have to decide if the Tribute is worth selling my Defender for.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:04 PM

Default RE: Shot a Tribute and a Trykon

G2,

Glad to see your still sticking with a BowTech. When I first started reading your post I was like "oh know..he's jumping ship". HAHA! It's great to be able to try all these new bows before makinga decision. I have found that the new 2006 BowTech's have a very sensitive draw stop adjustment, so keep that in mind when you get your new bow. You may have to fine tune it 1/32 of an inch at a time to get the right feel for you when your at the wall. I'm glad it is adjustable so each person can quickly move it to what they like best.

I still think we have too much free time at work and it causes us today dream about all these new products. I have a hard time not looking at the same archery web sights over and over again all day long.For example:I alreadypurchasedmy 06bow, but I still keep goingback to BowTechs web sight just to look around. What the heck is wrong with me. That web sight is awesome.

Anyway, hope your having fun and don't forget about all thearchery shot shows coming up in Jan, where they offer discounts and show all the new year products. I can't wait to see the new 2006 easton arrows called full metal jackets, carbon coreswrapped with aluminum.....and Spot-Hoggs new brighter fiber optic sights and....ooops did I say that? I gotta run...Talk to you soon.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:20 PM

Default RE: Shot a Tribute and a Trykon

The Trykon also has a pin to install for the wall but no pro shops I have been to are installing them. Makes a differance in your wall...