Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Recommended Release?

Old 12-27-2005, 12:37 PM

Default RE: Recommended Release?

are there any other companies that make those palm hand type releases? (not the strap kind)
Old 01-02-2006, 04:59 PM

i like my trufire patriot it was only 20$
and its great
Old 01-04-2006, 08:29 AM

i have a truefire judge and i like it alot...i have had a scott release before and it was very reliable...as long as u stay away from velcro and buy a good name brand you should be fine...
Old 01-13-2006, 08:19 PM
Typical Buck

I got a scott little goose and love it. Any scott will work well for you
Old 02-10-2006, 09:36 PM

Oh Archery Gurus.... [8D]

I am brand new to the sport... got hooked up with my bow etc and after reading this thread went out and plunked down my $$ for a Scott Scorpion release. It seems pretty nice, I like the buckle fit etc and it is adjustable but.. man is the release SENSITIVE!!! Is there a way to make it less sensitive or are they all that way. I haven't shot with it yet, still trying to get it adjusted to the correct length, but am afraid I am going to set an arrow off due to how sensitive it is.

Along the same lines.... do you actually draw back with the release, or do you draw back with fingers and then just let the release do the holding/firing when you are ready?

Sorry for the newbie questions.

J
Old 02-11-2006, 06:12 AM

what ever is comfortable for you.You can spend 20 bucks or 120 bucks and I havent found a whole lot of defferance in the two
Old 02-11-2006, 07:20 AM

Try some Tru-Ball releases out !!! Or go to there web site to check out there products !!! www.truball.com

Old 02-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jerrtx

Oh Archery Gurus.... [8D]

I am brand new to the sport... got hooked up with my bow etc and after reading this thread went out and plunked down my $$ for a Scott Scorpion release. It seems pretty nice, I like the buckle fit etc and it is adjustable but.. man is the release SENSITIVE!!! Is there a way to make it less sensitive or are they all that way. I haven't shot with it yet, still trying to get it adjusted to the correct length, but am afraid I am going to set an arrow off due to how sensitive it is.

Along the same lines.... do you actually draw back with the release, or do you draw back with fingers and then just let the release do the holding/firing when you are ready?

Sorry for the newbie questions.

J
Congrats on the new set up. To answer your question, you draw back with the release. I am not familiar with the Scott you purchased but on my Little Bitty Goose there is a tiny hex screw right above the trigger, that is what you use to adjust the trigger spring tension to your liking.

Shane
Old 02-11-2006, 08:55 PM

Thanks Guys for all the information. One question on the sight. Do you guys prefer a 3 pin or 5 pin configuration on a hunting sight? Again thanks again for all the good feedback.

Thanks,

Haakon
Old 02-11-2006, 08:57 PM

Shoot. I thought I was on another thread. Didn't want to hijack. I will start a new thread.

Quick Reply: Recommended Release?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.