Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 tribue, mighty might, swichback, or trykon >

tribue, mighty might, swichback, or trykon

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

tribue, mighty might, swichback, or trykon

Old 11-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default tribue, mighty might, swichback, or trykon

i am in the market for a new bow and was wondering what everyone thinks. i have shot all of thee above except the trykon and like them all. what it is going to come down to is $$$. so what are the prices for thm and what is the best value. thanks for the help.
Marshall
Old 11-28-2005, 04:54 AM

Default RE: tribue, mighty might, swichback, or trykon

On these high-end bows, with their big price tags, I don't think it is a rational/"value" based purchase decision. It is an emotional decision. If you were simply looking for "value", you would not be looking at these high end bows. You can kill just as many deer with a much lower end bow.

You said you like the way they allshoot, equally. They are all in the same general price range, right? Pick the one that gets you the most excited.

All the specs are available on-line, you've shot them, its time to get the one that you like. Pick the one that you would be most proud to be seen shooting at the range. Theyare all quality bows that willkill deer fast.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:19 PM

I would go with the Switchback even though it is high priced I heard that it is worth them big bucks. I also think that you can except to pay more but the archery shop might be so nice that you bought one that they might set you up with free service to set that bow up for you.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:08 PM

i own a mighty mite and i really like it. perfect treestand bow, in my opinion.it is also the cheapest of the4 mentioned. i have shot a switchback and it shoots really well. i just dont like the balance of it at all,too top heavy. ihave yet to shoot either of the other two, but i have heared nothing but good things about the tribute. the trykon is said to be REALLY heavy. everyone has their own preference though. you just have to find yours...
Old 11-30-2005, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

I am with you guags. I shot a switchback the other day and it is very top heavy, i would venture to say okward to shot for me.i have narrowed it down to the mighty might or the tribute they both shoot as fast and smooth as the much higher priced mathews and i think they have less hand shock out of the box.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the Switchback and the Trykon. Both are very nice but I liked the Trykon much better. Be sure to shoot one before you decide. Then get the one that YOU like the most.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I bought a 05' Mighty Mite this past summer and just love the way it handles!!!! I also think the Switchback and the Outback have more hand shock then the Mighty Mite. Also the 2 Mathews were awkward for me to shoot as well! I put alot of arrows thru all 3 of these bows before I was truly convinced that the MM was the one for me! No regrets! Go with fits you best and is most comfy because you be the one hunting with it!!!! Good luck!
Old 12-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the Mighty Mite has been discontinued for 2006. The tribute is around the same ATA or fairly close.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't shoot the Trykon unless you want to buy it. I made that mistake, and now,I'm waiting for it to come in.

Best bow I have ever shot!!!!!!!!!

Brian

Old 12-03-2005, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot all of them, and ended up with the Tribute. I have owned Mathews, still have an x-tec and once I shot the Tribute, I can honestly say it is the nicest shooting bow I have ever shot. Not that it is important but with my hunting setup (peep, kisser, loop,) at 69 lbs. with a 390 grain arrow, I shot 297 fps. Really nice shooting bow.

Quick Reply: tribue, mighty might, swichback, or trykon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.