Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 if reflex is made by hoyt...... >

if reflex is made by hoyt......

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

if reflex is made by hoyt......

Old 11-27-2005, 04:11 PM

Default if reflex is made by hoyt......

....why the price gap? are hoyts really that much better?
Old 11-27-2005, 04:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: if reflex is made by hoyt......

Yes they are made by Hoyt.

Not all hoyts are priced that much higher than Reflex. But the high end hoyts add things like triax limb pocket stabilization, upgraded limbs, upgraded strings, and Hoyt puts all of the latest technology into the Hoyt line and the Reflex line will get it at a later date when Hoyt comes up with something else.

Basically the Hoyt bows are the spoiled child that gets everythig he wants where as the Reflex is the little step child that gets the hand-me-downs.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:42 PM

the reflex excursion for 279 seems to be an amazing value.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:32 PM

Materials and workmanship. Cast vs machined risers.Its like the difference between a Chevy and a Caddy. Hoyt only sells their bows through dealers(pro shops) so the Reflex line they can sell through mail order wharehouse stores. Bowtech does this with the Diamond line. Outdoor life rated a bunch of bows a while back for noise and smoothnessand gave the Reflex Grizzly great reviews, They said it performed better than some bows costing twice as much.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:28 PM

[/align]Reflex bows are no frills work horse types. Really good hunting rigs. Hoyt's XT limbs and the Triax pockets ARE the big differences. The compression molded straight limbs on most Reflexes are very durable, don't let the price fool you. I have had both and the Reflexes have been great tools. Very tough, and I've never had a failure come crunch time. The money you save can often pay to outfit them with good, quality accessories. I will probably by another in the future, as soon as the ViperTec is available in Reflex trim! For now my BPS XP (cheap) bow will hae to do.

Old 11-30-2005, 03:41 PM

Well Hoyt might not sell internet but I wouldn't call one of the local farm stores a pro shop... They always have a Hoyt or two for sale, usually a high end on at that... But seriously, the main difference is going to be in the risers, limbs and pockets all being made differently.. Nothign wrong with a Reflex, infact you get a pretty good bang for your buck with the line.