Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

[Deleted]

Old 10-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-20-2005, 08:26 PM

Default RE: RECOMMENDATIONS FOR LADDER STAND

http://www.big-gameusa.com/partnerplus.html try this
Old 10-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are all strong and safe.But only as safe as the user. This means that even in a lowly ladder stand mishaps can happen so you should be wearing a full body harness. Ipersonally knew one guy who fell asleep in one, fell out and killed himself. His wife and two young children are the real victims.
What to consider most is your comfort when in it. Portability sure isn't what they are about so you may as well have one that you can stayin and stay still.
Aas faras strong is concerned they are almost all alike. The same 1" tubular steel. The same 300lb weight limit, unless you get a double that normally carry a 500lb limit.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults i have bought about 5 of these over the years and they work great. there is alot of room to move around on the foot platform compared to other brands. although i dont think you should- 3 of them have been left out on trees for a couple years and they have held up nicely. im a big guy 270 and i feel safe . you should always wear a harness.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:59 AM

I just bought the Summit MegaSampson ladder stand two days ago. I found a location for a more permanent stand, so I went with the Summit. Reasons, all-welded aluminumladder, so no RUST. I like theI- beam construction strong, I mean strong! I tried the stand in my yard yesterday, the thing was a rock. The seat was very comfortable, as wasthe back rest, very roomy. I like the 18 foot height, not too high, not too low. Lastly, I already have a Summit climber, so I know the quality.

Only down side is the price, but I won't go cheap on my safety.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:31 AM

I almost bought the Summit also, but decided to go with a tripod instead. The summit looks super comfortable and very good quality so I would get it if I had the cash!
Old 10-26-2005, 07:12 PM

Big Game Products has a good line up of ladder stands. I own 3 of them myself. Extremly happy with them. Very easy to esemble and to put up.

Old 10-27-2005, 12:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a 15ftRivers Edge Stealth Ladder Stand boutit from Fleet Farm for $60.00 on sale. I can sit in the stand all day with the big fat cushioned seat. . Its quiet, strong and easy for one guy to setup if he has to.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

We use ladder stands all the time. Personally, I don't like them unless I build mine out of wood. We have severalwe have built out of pressure treated wood, and thestore bought ones can't even compare to these.
Store bought ladder stands I have found to be very heavy, hard to set-up, noisy, and most squeek when shifting your weight.

Old 10-31-2005, 08:21 PM
Spike

Check this one out. I just bought one and am planning to purchase 3 more of them. Nice, roomy and comfortable stands.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=210694