Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Hoyt Vtec or Mathews Switchback? >

Hoyt Vtec or Mathews Switchback?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt Vtec or Mathews Switchback?

Old 10-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hoyt Vtec or Mathews Switchback?

Hey,

Im currently looking at these two bows and haven't desided which one to buy. i Will be hunting whitetail in wisconsin.From your opinion, which one would you get. Oh yea was there anything you didnt like from any of these bows?

THANKS
Old 10-04-2005, 06:08 PM

Default RE: Hoyt Vtec or Mathews Switchback?

MATHEWS!! DON'T HAVE ANY EXP. WITH HOYTS BUT I WAS SOLD ON THE MATHEWS THE FIRST TIME I SHOT ONE, AND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DIE HARD"I AIN'T PAYING 700.00 FOR A BOW" GUYS....TILL I SHOT MY FRIENDS THEN I HAD TO GET ONE THEY ARE SWEET.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

solberg, you MUST shoot and look over each bow yourself. What feels great to FINCHASHER, might feel like junk to you. Comparing these bows are like comparing apples and oranges; totally different designs. Shoot both and take the one you like the most. If I had the money, I would probably go with the Hoyt, but that's just ME!
Old 10-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

You should try a Bowtech before deciding
Old 10-05-2005, 03:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot them both and went with the Vtec. It's all about what fits you best. I like the cam and a half better than any single cam system and Hoyt has the best limbs in the business.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:01 AM

My new V-Tech retired my LX to back-up statis in a hurry...Bob
Old 10-05-2005, 05:39 PM

I shot both and went with switchback hands down but both are great bows
Old 10-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can't go wrong with either bow. As Illini mentioned the best thing to do is shoot both. They are each going to have a different feel and only you can decide which feels best to you. Either one will get the job done.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:28 PM

If you shot em both blind folded, you'd by the Mathews....quiet and smooth. If your buying one to last a lifetime...I'd probably go with the Vtec, great limb durability....and a little faster than the Switchback. The bowtech (Allegiance) isfaster than the other two, and has a rock solid anchor point, and a unique cam design that keeps both wheels in unison. If you can hang on a while longer Hoyt is supposably making some considerable changes for 2006...should know what they are by the end of Oct. Gotta wait till Christmas before we see what bowtech and Mathews come out with. Ishoot a Mathews.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:53 PM

I agree with all the others, you need to try them all. Then, try them agene. I fired the Bow Tech, Matthews and the V Tech. I choose the V-Tech, all though I will agree it didnt seem as fast as the others, hard to tell.. The draw ws as smooth as melted butter, in my humble opinion, it was the quitest bow. My son has a Matthews Outback, He has told me that he wishes he purchased the V-Tech. He also feels it's quiter and he feels it holds a tighter group. He shots mine better the his. (it's not the set up) No matter what bow you choose, make sure you dont regret your desicion. I havent looked back since I bought my V-Tech.

Quick Reply: Hoyt Vtec or Mathews Switchback?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.