Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

I made my mind up

Old 09-30-2005, 11:40 AM

Default I made my mind up

I purchased a Hoyt V-Tech. I shot a lt of bows. In the end it was between the Bow Tech Alliance and the Hoyt V-Tech. In my mind, the Bow Tech was very loud and it had a distinctive "Twank". The guy (Joe) told me he could quite it down. I just wasent into that right off the back. I liked everything about the V-Tech, smooth, quite, and to me as fast as the mathews and the Bow Tech. So, I pick her up tonite. We're going to start with a 27" draw. (I posted an issue on the draw). I'll post in a couple days and let you all know how I made out.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I made my mind up

Congrats! I'm sure you'll be more than happy with your purchase. Hoyt makes a good bow.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations. You picked what is one of the top bows on the market right now. The Allegiance is actually a fair bit faster ( @ 20 fps ) and not knowing the setup of one bow vs the other the wrong arrow can amplify noise also. None of which really matters as its all about what feels good in your hands. Enjoy your bow.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations on the new bow. I don't think you could have gone wrong with either of the two you were looking at. Both are excellent bows.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:36 AM

CongratsHoyt makes great bows you will be happy with it. I kind of wish i would have bought a Hoyt rather then my Switchback.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've gotta tell ya I think the allegiance you were looking must have had something wrong with it, cause I have never heard an allegiance be loud at all. However, you couldn't go wrong with either purchase. Congrats on the new bow, have fun with it!