Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Moultrie Digital

Old 09-24-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Moultrie Digital

How would you rate the Moultrie Digital Game Camera? Please include a 1-10 rating of the following - ease of use, battery life, flash, memory, cost, software, picture quality, and general quality. Thanks.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:18 PM

Default RE: Moultrie Digital

I don't know about individual ratings but I'd give it a overall rating of 7-8. I use mine primarily for scouting and sometimes the pics aren't crystal clear but use a photostudio program and you can fix most of that....The trigger speed is pretty good and the battery life is IMO very good....Heres a pic from mine....NOTE: I have mine set on a low quality setting and have never taken pics on the high setting...

Old 09-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Fork Horn

I really like mine, I had two of the 35 MM moultrie cameras and just bought the digital about a month ago, and the money you save on not having to devlope film alon is well worth it, i have mine set on the standard quality pics and they have turned out very well. next time i bring it in I'll post some pictures. reaction time is pretty good too. Its nice to be able to just bring it in and hook up to your tv or computer and see the pictures and take it right back out to the trees. And i have yet to need to change the battery. the battery life indicator is a very handy option on the camera as well.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:11 PM
Fork Horn

I'd say 8 on a scale of 1-10
Old 09-25-2005, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

These are the ones Walmart just marked down to 99 bucks right? You guys are saying they are good for the price? I thought I heard that they were junk. I need a digital in the worst way I have well over a couple hundred bucks in batteries and developing film with my 35mm this summer.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=4026288
Old 09-25-2005, 04:58 PM

So far I like mine. I don't think the battery life is very good. It is supposed to last between 20-30 days, but I was seeing more like 1-2 weeks out of it. I finally put a rechargable and a solar charger so now she's good for year round. I have it set on high resolution and the pictures are quite nice. I was able to zoom in and count points without a problem. With a 256mb chip it's rediculous how much storage you have. Over 600 high resolution pics and over 1000 in low res.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got one about a month ago. It was the first camera i have had, soI dont have anything to compare with. Mine works pretty well although the sensor seems to be rather slow and doesn't have a very good range. Other than that, I like it and for all i want it to do, it works wonderful. I only get about 2 weeks out of the battery though so I am gonna look into one of those solar panels. Heres a pic:

Old 09-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

yeah they're the one's walmart marked down to 99 buck not long ago. i have the same problem, lots of money stuck into developing film and batteries on the 35 mm. thats the best thing about these digitals, just one battery that lasts much longer and thats basically your only other cost.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:46 AM

i have 2 stealthcams 35 mm . Lots of film developing $$$ . The trigger time is a little slow and end up with some "backside" pics I am definately looking into the moultrie cam . Even though its only 1.3 megapixel . The money I save on batteries adn film will be well worth it . Plus with the stealthcams there is no option for the solarpanel .
Old 09-26-2005, 01:37 PM

I have a Moultrie and a Leaf River. While the Moultrie isn't asclear as the LR, it's still a nice digital unit.I'll probably buy another one, just because they're $99.

Quick Reply: Moultrie Digital

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.