Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

High Country Bows

Old 09-07-2005, 07:21 PM

Default High Country Bows

Anyone familiar with High County Archery bows. Particularly the Diamondback and the Sidewinder. Do they make quality products and would you recommend either of those?
Old 09-07-2005, 10:55 PM

Default RE: High Country Bows

High country use to be very popular(and im sure still are with some). But, after their ploy to make 2 pound bows that shoot 330+ FPS that blew up at the ATA show, they kind of lost some of there umph, to me anyways. Im not personally familiar with the bows you're talking about and not trying to dis-suade you from buying one, just givin my opinion.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

I shot HCAs for several years with no problems. I shoot Hoyt now and have for a few years, since the carbon riser junkHigh Countrycame out with.The old bows were bullet proof and shot well but the newer bow are lacking in quality control. My best friend is a HCA dealer and I get them at his cost but choose to payretail for my Hoyts. I don't want to turn you away as I am no expert on there new stuff but I woulduse care in making my final decision.

SF
Old 09-08-2005, 12:01 PM

I'm not going to get into the fact if they are bad bows or not,but I was told at aoutdoor show that I would throw my switchback away after I shot one of thier bows.The only problem was after they told me they had a place to shoot it they never came across with it.After another 2 hours I left the show.I went to bow shop and shot one for myself and it was no where near my switchback.I have heard they were great bows years ago.Some guys might like them now but I dont wantone.They are not that much cheaper than my switchback.I also know mathews will be in business for a few more years .I hope hahahahaha
Old 09-08-2005, 01:34 PM

i have one and like i. Its very light, fast and easy to shoot. Right now mine is shootin over 340 fps
Old 09-08-2005, 02:13 PM

I stuck with them through the Safari, Supreme, and when I got through withthe Max Force I switched to Mathews and will likely never go back.I used to bea die hard HCA. If I were to buy a new one today it would be a Mathews orHoyt, but not a HCA. Good Luck.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:52 PM

I certainly appreciate the info guys. I trust "word of mouth" advertising from folks with first hand experience.

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2005, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

First hand experience? Along with what the other have said I have seen many that from day one have severe cam lean or develope it. Enough so that the cam actually wears through the cable serving. It's sa shame because HCA used to make some very fine bows.

I know some guys have them and like them. But I would question on what experience they base that decision. HOw long have they been shooting and how many bows have they owned or shot to make an honest comparison. What criteria did they use for comparison? For many it is the weight or speed. Well, light weight bows are hard to hold steady. They carry nice, but don't shoot worth a darn. As for speed? Shooting comparable weight arrows at comparable settings they aren't any faster than most other high end bows.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:36 AM

A couple years ago, I sent away for one of their catalogs. On the first page there was an editorial from the owner apologizing to HCA customers for the problems they had been having. Apparently, he stepped away from the business to pursue other things and the company had gotten away from what he initially had put together. He promised to bring the company back to it's old glory. That was years ago and I still can't find anyone who will recommend them. Once I read the first page, I trashed the catalog.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:48 AM

Iam shooting the Sidewinder (split limb design)
this bow is ossome
70#28.5"
350g arrow
290fps
this bow doesnt even move when you shoot
very well ballanced & quiet
I would highly recomendshooting one
groups are small at 30 yards
Gregg

Quick Reply: High Country Bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.