Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Bass Pro's $30 Block Rip-off? >

Bass Pro's $30 Block Rip-off?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bass Pro's $30 Block Rip-off?

Old 09-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bass Pro's $30 Block Rip-off?

DannyD..I took mine back to WALLYWORLD for a full refund....good thing I kept the receipt.. Its Junk....I use hay bales and paper plates.. practicing until I can come up with the...... BLOCK CASH
Old 09-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heeze,
I'm going to use mine up with the broadheads then toss it. i'll never shoot another field point into it...unless i need a work out
Old 09-08-2005, 01:02 PM

I started shooting the original blok, ( the 69.00 one), and it claims to hold up to thousands of broadhead shots. Now, my shoulder was a lil sore, but honest to goodness i shot that thing for three days, and now ive got lil strips of foam all over my yard. To the point, they are trash. I did not keep my receipt, and am not getting refunded. I guess theres a suker in every group. For field points, theyre fine. They do stop good as well as remove easy, but for broad heads, i want to kik the screen of my tv in when i see the commercial. lol. I can only imagine the quality of a wal-mart version!!
Old 09-08-2005, 05:10 PM

Which $30 target at Bass Pro Shops are you referring to?

The RedHead Layered Foam or the Morrell Yellow Jacket target? Both are 29.88 at BassProShops.com. They're having an archery "special".
Old 09-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the 4X4 from Walmart. The broadhead side is OK. The fieldpoint side is horrible. I literally had to stand on the thing to get the arrows out. maybe it will loosen up after a lot of shots but for now it's not working
I've had no problems pulling arrows from mine. I noticed dad was having a little trouble with his black gold tips, but even he said my carbon expresses pulled super easy.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the 4x4 from Walmart. I would not get this for a fieldpoint target. It is fine with the broadheads, however fieldpoints are a bit tough to get out. If you only want something for fieldpoints, a bag target is best and you can get them cheap. I got the cheaper morrell bag at gander mountain for $30 and it works great for fieldpoints.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:40 AM

I just got a Yellow Jacket bag style target from Gander Mountain for somthing like $25, Its as good as any bag target I've shot at. (I prefer bag targets due to their durability and ease of arrow removal)
Old 09-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the 4x4 from Wallyworld...it works fine for me w/ BH's or FP's....I love mine...arrows come out very easy.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:15 PM

Not many targets will stand up to daily abuse..... I've got the Block 4x4 and have just about wore the middles out of it in 5 months.... Course I shoot everyday and the broadheads are really what started tearing it up... I suspect I will have to replace it before next spring.... Oh well, $100 for a year's shooting isn't bad..... I've also know to go through atleast one 3D deer a year.....