Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 ST Axis arrows.  What quiver?? >

ST Axis arrows. What quiver??

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

ST Axis arrows. What quiver??

Old 09-02-2005, 10:37 AM

Default ST Axis arrows. What quiver??

Hey folks,

Love my Easton ST Axis arrows, but they don't hold into my Alpine Archery quiver. If I seat them into the quiver like they are supposed too, the rubber support piece is not tight enough to squeeze them. I can then pull them out just a bit and the rubber piece does hold them, but not well or as designed. On a shot, some of the arrows will fall out too which is not too fun. I don't usually like sharp objects bouncing around my bow.

I really like the Alpine Quiver so don't want to get rid of it. But what you are folks using to squeeze your ST's and hold them onto your bow?

Most my hunting is spot and stalk (mulies and elk), so I want my arrows attached to my bow. I tried the cat quiver, but didn't like the feel and a hip quiver would hang on some of the stuff I need to crawl through.

If this has already been covered in another topic, then I aplogize. I did a search, but couldn't find what I needed.

Thanks all.

-C
Old 09-02-2005, 07:21 PM

Default RE: ST Axis arrows. What quiver??

I have been shooting the axis 340 shafts for two years now and i use the alpine soft-loc 3 quiver and have never had a arrow fall out. on hunting trips or 3d range.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:46 PM

I use a Kwikee quiver and got the carbon arrow holder. It is very tight on my Axis 340's.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

The outstanding new Trophy Ridge "Ridge Hunter" quiver will work perfectly with all Axis and even smaller diameter shafts. The innovative gripper design has larger cut-outs at the top for larger arrows and smallercut-outs just unde rthem for small shafts. Combine these grippers with TR's patented Snubber Strap and you'll NEVER have a loose or lost arrow ever again. This is by FAR, THE best designed quiver in the industry. You've got to check one out and see what so many foks arte talking about?

Old 09-03-2005, 10:16 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Kwikee Quiver.It will hold your arrows.The first part of the slot is big enough for carbons,and then when you push the arrow in deeper,there is a smaller section below that where it will hold outsert carbons,or axis small diameter arrows.It also has a double arrow holding system.It also has a quick release bracket.The head is not foam filled like theTrophy Ridge thatIL-Cornfed is showing you.I know alot of people prefer foam filled heads.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=33817&hvarDept=400&a mp;hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=13&hvarSubCode =12&hvarTarget=browse
Old 09-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

cheap fix....quivers are way overpriced these days....

used to have to do this for pultrudeds

moleskin/sight window pads....cut a strip like an inch longer than the distance from the first arrow gripper to the last....and however wide you need....take the backing tape off...lay it on top of the gripper...push it into the gripper slots with an arrow...sometimes you may need two..but one usually does the trick...when it wears down eventually (usually only did once a season)...put in another piece...

Old 09-04-2005, 08:40 PM

cheap fix....quivers are way overpriced these days....
Good idea, Jeff. And you're right on about quivers being overpriced. When I bought my Patriot, I needed a quiver. I couldn't believe the prices. I use the same quiver as foxhound, apline's 3 arrow soft-loc. It's quiet, tight, and holds the Axis arrows like a vise. And, it wasn't terribly overpriced. TR and Vital Bow Gear make some darn nice quivers, but I can't see them selling too many. If you buy those quivers, you can't afford arrows!

Old 09-06-2005, 06:54 AM

I use the kwikee quiver with my Axis 340's - they secure well.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hondaman

I use a Kwikee quiver and got the carbon arrow holder. It is very tight on my Axis 340's.

Same here. love it.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a new BowTech 6 arrow quiver and I also use the Axis S/T's ,the thing I like about this quiver is that it has 2 seat's for each arrow one for slim technology and one for regular size arrow's ,it's an awsome idea and work's great for me .

nubo