Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Arrows/Quick spin vanes

Old 08-30-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Arrows/Quick spin vanes

Looking to get new arrows. Any recomendations would be great. I am shooting a Outback with 70pd draw. Also anyone shoot the quick spin vanes. Thanks
Old 08-31-2005, 07:07 AM

Default RE: Arrows/Quick spin vanes

Since June I have tested 4" vanes, quikspins and blazers. I truly dispised the quikspins. Don't get me wrong - they did improve groupings. However, they are very expensive for fletching. They are also noisy, not durable, and slow down your fps significantly. I would not recommend them to anyone. I have decided to go with the blazers and i have found them to be working extremely well. I am shooting them with field points/broadheads and my groupings are identical. However, that may be due to compulsive tuning on my part.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:09 PM

I have been shooting the blazer sence they came out with great sucess. tryed the quick spin vanes 2 1/4 & 4'' vanes they hit 2'' to the right of the blazer vanes with field points and lost 10 feat of speed. not inpressed.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: PSENJersey
They are also noisy, not durable, and slow down your fps significantly.
How are they noisy??
How do they slow the arrow??? weight? drag?
Not raggin ya,just want to know.
I recently had a few arrows fletched and the guy messed my
"flexfletch" vanes up and did a "free upgrade" to quick spins
on my carbons.I prefer the flexfletch vanes myself but said what the heck I'll try them,and I havent got a chance to give them a whack.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:52 PM

The vanes are heaver,28 grains more than 4'' feathers,10 grains more than 4'' plastic.and they rotate the arrow faster which in combination use loose speed. I was at the biggest pro shop in my area yesterday and alot have tryed the new vanes and switched back to the blazers.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:00 PM

You answered your own ? Weight and drag both contribute to the loss of speed...

For the noise issue I assume it is due to the microgrooves in them that make the noise...

I stood off to the side and halfway down range and had a friend shoot the Quikspins,Blazers,and some AAE fletchings....WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!
The Blazers hands down are quieter...To heck with a noisy bow those arrows coming thru the air at ya are enough. No wonder deer duck the arrow sometimes...

I am currently shooting the Blazers and since have converted 4 of my buddies....They are awesome and I'd recommend them
Old 09-05-2005, 01:04 PM

the quick spins are heaver 28grains more than 4'' feathers.10 grains more than plactic fletch they also spin the arrow faster in combination use loose arrow speed confirmed it threw the cronie.they are also a pain to fletch with the air foil tab on the back of fletch.i was at the biggest pro shop in my area yesterday they all tryed the new vane and went back to the blazer vanes.they don't hit in the same spot as reguler fletched arrows. they hit to the right about 2'' with field points.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

they don't hit in the same spot as reguler fletched arrows. they hit to the right about 2'' with field points.
Well, yeah, they're not going to, They are heavier. Thats like saying a heavier broadhead makes the arrow hit lower, so dont buy a 125grain over an 85 grain.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:07 PM

maybe you did not under stand me the elevation stayed the same there was no drop,the in pact hits to the right on all complaints.