Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow for my wife

Old 08-29-2005, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bow for my wife

Howdy folks. I was wondering if anyone on here could give me some suggestions on a bow that would be good for my wife to shoot. She is about 5'7" and can pull around 50 pounds if I had to guess. What poundage bow should I be looking at, one that is maxed out at 50, or one that is on the low end at 50. Any brands would be apprecaited too. This will be her first bow so I would like to get her something reasonably priced, but still a good weapon. Thanks in advance for any help, and any ladies on this site your help would be much appreciated!
Old 08-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow for my wife

The longer the axle to axle the easier the bow is to draw. I would suggest the Hoyt, UltraTec with XT 2000 limbs and Cam & 1/2 cams. Axle to axle of around 7" and a mass weight of just over 4 lbs. Very forgiving and trouble free shooting for the beginner to the expert.
Good Hunting...
Old 08-30-2005, 06:27 AM

Default RE: Bow for my wife

Yooper,
Might I suggest taking a look at the Jennings RackMaster Lite. This bow is designed for Women or youths. It is fairly small and lite so it fits a woman well. The bow is available in max draw weights of 40#, 50#, and 60# so finding one that suits her should not be hard.
As far as what weight to go with, it would really be a matter preferenance (SP?). If you do not see her ever going over 50-53# I would stay with a 50# max weight. If she is able to pull 50# now and she expects to move up in weight as she shoots more you would want to go with a 60# to give her room to grow.
Bear Also makes a couple of good bows that would suit her needs. The TRX32, or G2SL would be good fits for her as well.
Hope it helps, and good luck! If I can help out in any other way feel free to ask or email me!