Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Diamondback or Trophy Taker. which rest? >

Diamondback or Trophy Taker. which rest?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Diamondback or Trophy Taker. which rest?

Old 08-27-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Diamondback or Trophy Taker. which rest?

Hi, just wondering which rest you guys feel is better the trophy taker shakey hunter SL or the diamondback fall away rest.
any help is appreciated.
thanks.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:38 PM

Default RE: Diamondback or Trophy Taker. which rest?

I have used the trophy taker alot, a quality rest and simple design. The TT would be my first choice. The diamondback looks nice, never used it, but looks very well built. The diamondback has some nice features, integrated arrow holder andplastic arrow launcher. Youcan't go wrong with either. If I was in the position to choose it would be the trophy taker, it's reputation is as solid as the rest itself.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have used the TT Shakey Hunter in the past and would agree with Ash's comments. It is a quality, durable drop away rest. I have no experience with the other model yet.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:37 PM

I have used the Trophy Taker and love it. It is a simple design and easy to set up.My bow actually sounded a little quietier when I switched from the Muzzy ZE.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:29 PM

Well I go the other way I use a cobra diamondback fall away on my switchback and have never used shakey hunter.I like mine just fine it always seems to get out the way of a fast moving arrow.I had to change to small fletches so arrow would rest on rubber on riser.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Never shot either one but set up a bunch of the TT and a few of the Cobra. After seeing how they both set up and work I would take the TT hands down over the Cobra.

The Cobra is not the rest I was expecting to get from them.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:36 PM

I personally shoot the TT ShakeyHunter and really like it..It is a very durable and reliable rest..Three buddys of mine however have the Cobra Diamondback and from what I have seen you can't really go wrong with this rest either...It has a built in arrow holder and a launcher that is constructed of teflon so no need for moleskin or other silencing as with the TT....I think you would probably be happy w/ either..
Old 08-28-2005, 10:39 AM

After looking at both online the only real defferance is the diamondback when in non draw position has a rubber craddle for arrow to rest in that the shakey hunter doesn't.So now my vote goes to diamondback because I have that one hahahahahahahaha
Old 08-29-2005, 08:43 PM
Spike

I had a cobra diamondback put on my bow today. I just couldn't get used to the whisker biscuit. Accuracy and overall quietness while shooting tonight was very surprising. Satisfied so far. My pro shop also added an arrow clasp in front of the rest that holds the arrow in place until the rest elevates it to the shooting position. This setup gives me the containment feature I was looking for with the whisker biscuit.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bass Pro Shops has the Diamondback on sale for $39.99. I got mine in today. Review is to come tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Diamondback or Trophy Taker. which rest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.