Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

e bay bows

Old 08-26-2005, 04:14 PM

Default e bay bows

I have watched e-bay bows for 6 or 7 months now.First I would like to say I am not a pro shop or do I sell bows.There are NO deals on e-bay.I see guys paying 100 dollars less for a mathews z bow (that is 7 years) than when it was new .I dont understand people.Do they not know there is no warranty with a used e-bay bow.I kinda figure a used bow with no warranty is worth about half original price.There was another dude that was up to 625 bucks for a used switchback and the seller had not met his lowest selling price yetor what they call reserve.I wrote the guy and asked if he was nuts.You can get a new switchback for 650 or 675 all day long.Oh and here is the kicker IT HAS A LIFE TIME WARRANTY.I think alot of these bow shops are ripping e-bay idiots off.Now again not all bow shop before I offend some guys ,like I said I haven't seen a deal yet.Have fun and if you want a used bow go to bow shop they have them alot of times and you wont pay 25 dollars less than new price.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: e bay bows

I agree some people are just stupid. If their going to invest that much money they should do some researching first.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

The bow I shoot came from ebay. I got it for $400.00. It is last years model 04 but at the pro shops they wanted $599.99 for the same bow. I only bought it cause it was that cheap. I have had no problems with it.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

There are NO deals on e-bay.
I don't know if I would say that. I just put two brand new bows up there for less than 2/3rds their regular cost at the local shop.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:06 AM

I bought my brand new bow off ebay. Got it from the same guy that owned the store that i was originally gonna buy from. I saved over $100.00.

Have also bought two other bows off ebay
Old 08-27-2005, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't necassarilly agree with you ,I think if you take your time and check thing's out you'll find the deal's .But I also agree to a point as well that most bow's aren't such good deal's .Pay attention to when your bidding and take into consideration the shipping cost's before you buy.

nubo
Old 08-27-2005, 11:50 AM

everyone that bought an ebay bow missed the whole point No life time warranty .An 04 bow is going to be fine for maybe five years but then what.Warranty is half the cost in my book.One oh no can make that good deal go out the window
Old 08-27-2005, 12:02 PM

Bows like mathews and alot of pro shop bows are not allowed to be sold on line or in mail.That protects the bow shops sales radius or walmart would sell them for half price.I do understand what you are saying PAhunter but I bet the price willnot stay at 2 thirds the price before they are boughtand if you didnt put a reserve you would loose.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

Nowdays if you have a probelm with your bow no matter were you bought it MOST manufactures will work with you to get it fixed, I do knwo with Pse they dont even ask, just ship it to them or speak to them over the phone and they are happy to fix any probelm, Mathews has been the same way, take your probelm bow to a pro shop that carries mathews and they are happy to fix it...I have met people that have had probelm with ebay bows and the manufatucres were happy to fix the probelms, wat it boils down to is GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE bro...

As for ebay, I have got some SMOKIN deals on equipment that I was able to buy and make money on resale...
Old 08-27-2005, 02:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

everyone that bought an ebay bow missed the whole point No life time warranty
Good point but then you also have to consider that many times folks don't need to use the warranty on high quality bows. Also, many folks who buy and sell bows via ebay don'talways keep their bows for years on end.

do understand what you are saying PAhunter but I bet the price willnot stay at 2 thirds the price before they are boughtand if you didnt put a reserve you would loose.
Actually as for today, with one day left, there aren't any bids on either bow. I have no reserve as I listed them at the price I paid for them. At worst Ilose a couple bucks because of the Ebay feesthough the winning bidder walks away with a steal.With a little luck though that winning bidder will tell somebody else he knows that I am selling bows at a good price and with quick delivery and I make something the next time.

Quick Reply: e bay bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.