Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Crossbow?

Old 08-20-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Crossbow?

i have just recently became interested in bowhunting and i was wondering what would be the best kind of crossbow to look at. i aleady have a Pulsar game sport compound bow, but i would aprreciate any information concerning the better crossbows on the market today. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 08-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Crossbow?

The local shop carries several lines and based upon what I have seen down there Tenpoint is typically considered the "top of the line" crossbows with Excalibur being a close second. Horton and Barnett tend to fall in the middle ground.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:31 PM

does anyone have the barnett quad 400,150#, 345 fps.are they good accurate bows?
Old 08-23-2005, 07:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

A gentelman came into the shop the other day looking at that particular model. We don't keep it in stock but rather choose to carry the Barnet Rhino Sport Mag. Many of the same basic specs but with a somewhat slower speed rating.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:28 AM
Dominant Buck

It depends on how much tuning and tinkering you feel like doing . For compound I'd choose a Ten Point , if recurve I'd go with Excalibur .

My personal choice , if I can ever save enough pennies , would be Excalibur . Several of my friends and aquaintences have Excaliburs and rave about them . I too prefer the simplicity of the recurve design , and the Excalibur line frequently achieves compound speeds and power with far less moving parts and noise .