Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Dead downwind?

Old 08-17-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Dead downwind?

This question may have already been posted, if it has please forgive me. I was curious if anyone has used any of thesetype ofproducts (mainly thespray cover scent)and if so how did you like it? Thanks
Old 08-17-2005, 12:17 PM

Default RE: Dead downwind?

Is Dead Downwind what the scent is called? Ive never heard of it.
The only scents i have used is earth scent and pine scent.
This year i bought 3 bottles of skunk scent so i will have no chance of being scented. This stuff stinks so bad.I have not taken it out of the package, but i can still smell it
Old 08-17-2005, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't heard anything good or bad about it... i was wondering too.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:56 PM

Yes. Dead downwind is the name of the product. I only heard of it about 1 month ago. Saw it advertised on a hunting show on the outdoor channel. They have a website www.deaddownwind.comis it I think. I was just curious if anyone had eve used it before.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: splint2004

This year i bought 3 bottles of skunk scent so i will have no chance of being scented. This stuff stinks so bad.I have not taken it out of the package, but i can still smell it
Ummmm.. I can't say for sure butI thinkskunks only spray when a threat is preceved. I have read somewhere that skunk scent is for trappers and preadator shooters. I don't know any of this first hand but letting you know what I have read.

SF
Old 08-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Pricey stuff , does it work better than any of the triclosan based products that are commonly available and much cheaper ? A simple baking soda rinse after your shower will alter the Ph on the surface of your skin for hours afterward preventing bacteria from getting established and adsorbing scent in the bargain . Baking soda costs 50 cents per pound , even less if you find a bulk supply .
Old 08-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Typical Buck

I have a bottle of fresh skunk oil in my tackle box. I have hunted with it for 40 years [more or less] once I got used to it I had to start carrying extra food . . . it makes me hungry. Wearing it though I have never been winded.

Do make sure that skunks are indigenous to the area in which you are using the scent. Had a badger come at me once thinking there was a food package nearby. :&gt)
Old 08-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Typical Buck

I stand corrected! LOL!

SF
Old 08-22-2005, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: splint2004

Is Dead Downwind what the scent is called? Ive never heard of it.
The only scents i have used is earth scent and pine scent.
You're using skunk scent? Folks, this is a dedicated hunter...
Old 08-25-2005, 07:29 AM

I'm always looking for some new product to try each year, so will probably try this one. Haven't heard anything, either way, about this one. I've only seen it sold at Cabela's.

Quick Reply: Dead downwind?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.