Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Dropaway rest

Old 08-11-2005, 09:17 AM
Typical Buck

Default Dropaway rest

I'm in the market for a good dropaway rest, can anyone put me on one?
Old 08-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dropaway rest

I had a "Trophy Ridge" but the arm broke after a few shots. I think it was a cheap one, so mabey the more expensive ones will do better????? I switched to a "QAD" (quality archery designs) rest it is awesome, but you have to cock it each shot and that gets old. Still I did use it in a few 3-D contests and will use it this season. Best of luck on your search!
Old 08-11-2005, 03:38 PM

I shoot a NAP 4000 drop away-rest. It preforms great, my dad shoots a trophy taker. He really likes it. Neither one makes a lot of noise if any at all.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:17 PM

the trophy taker rests are the best there is
Old 08-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have used the NAP QT2000 for about four years and it has performed flawlessly for me.

I wanted a full containment style rest to go on my alleginace so I switched to a QAD ultra this year and so far I am liking it a lot. It is a full containment drop away rest. Another one very similar is the rip cord. Same exact concept.

BTW, you do not have to cock it each time while you are practicing. It functions just like any other drop away if you want to leave it down and uncocked. But for hunting purposes you can cock it for full cantainment of the arrow.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:21 AM

QAD Ultra-Rest Drop Away Arrow Rest
by Quality Archery Designs

Unlike other rests that drop-away because of inertia or vibration the ULTRA REST relies on the velocity of the Rest moving forward to initiate the launcher to drop. VDT assures the ULTRA-REST remains in the cocked position even on a slow let down and will only drop-away if the bow is fired. VDT is a durable and reliable firing mechanism which is sure to change the way you look at drop away rests. ARROW WILL NOT FALL OFF REST. When Stalking, drawing, or slow let down the Ultra-Rest is working (full time) totally supporting and capturing the arrow.

SUPER QUIET AND DURABLE. Precision machined aluminum components, internal rubber bumpers and laser cut felt offer superior noise reduction. Offers minimal friction and zero fletching contact. Allows the use of the shortest arrows possible. Up to 4" shorter for increased speed and flatter trajectory.

Comes with handy cable-clamp. No need to serve the string into the bow's buss cable. Attaches and sets up in minutes.

Old 08-12-2005, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a Trophy Taker, but now I use a Muzzy Zero Effect. My only regret is that I didn't buy the MZE right away instead of spending $50 on the TT first. Don't get me wrong, yhe Trophy Taker is a good rest, but for my setup the MZE is much better. My wifes bow uses has a TT Shakey Hunter rest as well, and on her bow it works perfectly.

Mike

Old 08-12-2005, 12:19 PM

I used the NAP QT4000 on my old bow and I liked it a lot. It was easy to setup, quiet and never gave me any problems. Unfortunately, it didn't fit my new Defender so I bought a QAD Ultra Rest. That is a very nice rest. You don't have to cock it every shot since the cord will pull up the arms and cock it when you draw. If you do cock it, it has full containment so your arrow won't fall off. It falls fast enough for my bow after I adjusted the internal spring. The one thing I did do for it was take one of the Limb Saver grip insulators, cut it in half and stick it on the shelf where the arms hit it. Now it is nice and quiet. The Rip-Cord uses a similar concept but you can't adjust the internal spring.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

I shot pretty much all of the different styles of drop aways currently on the market. I thought the Muzzy to be the most reliable and consistant though the Trap Door was the most compact and had the least amount of moving parts/linkages.

The Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter, Trophy Ridge Drop Zone and Quicktune 4000 seem to be the most popular ones judging by the forums and personal experience down at the shop.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:26 PM

Here's another vote for the Q.A.D. Ultra Rest. I bought mine last year and I love it. Very quite, seems to be reliable, and it will cock itself but I prefere to cock it once the arrow is in place. Bought last year and have proably 400 to 500 shots without any failures.

Tom

Quick Reply: Dropaway rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.