Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 3D target recommendations?? >

3D target recommendations??

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

3D target recommendations??

Old 08-09-2005, 06:03 AM

Default 3D target recommendations??

Looking for a new 3D target. McKenzie is obviously a good target but expensive. How are some of these other targets like Delta and Cabelas own holding up?? Any experiences?

Thanks
Old 08-09-2005, 02:00 PM

Default RE: 3D target recommendations??

i just buy cheap ones and when they fail to stop my arrows i get another one.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:46 PM

I just bought a Delta Backyard Buck on clearance at the local farm supply store today for $50. I am interested in how long it will hold up to broadheads as well. I plan on shooting about a dozen a night at it from now until season. I'll also use my foam block target for additional shots each night. I did a search on this same topic and saw someone suggest filling up the cracks and holes in the vitals with the foam you squeeze out of a tube for household purposes when the arrows start passing through. Will have to give that a try..
Old 08-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

My advice.........get 2 different targets for all of your shooting. Seperate your field tips from your broadheads and you can specialize your targets and they will last MUCH longer than one 3D target for both.

If the bulk of your practice is done with field points I can't recommend the Morrell "Bionic Buck" any higher........I have mine for 3 seasons now and the target is an absolute PLEASURE to shoot. It will outlast any foam 3D target many many times over and pulling arrows is the same as a bag target. I LOVE mine.

Then pick up a less expensive target strictly for broadheads like the Morrell "Yellow Jacket".

IMO for personal use any foam 3D target, McKenzie, Rinehart etc isn't practical because you will just wear a hole right through the vitals with continued use. My Bionic buck has been pounded over and over directly in the "10 ring" and the arrows still only go in a few inches. My McKenzie grazing deer right next to it has been shot less and I can put both hand through the vital completely.
The Bionic Buck is the best value in a 3D target IMO.

Old 08-09-2005, 07:55 PM

Matt,
I'll just come down to Dover and take yours.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

You're welcome to come on down and shoot it anytime........got 60yds in the back yard, but let's not get carried away![:-]

Old 08-10-2005, 10:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

I haven't found any real practical difference in terms of durability between the Mckenzies and the Delta. You are better off taking Matt's advice as it sounds very appealing. I have no experience with the Bionic buck but it appears that might need to change.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:57 AM

Looking for an inxpensive target right now. Not looking to spend alot.

1/2 hour trip to dover can solve all my problems.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Excuse me while I put my targets back in my basement.[:-]

I can feel eyes on them as I type.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

The McKenzie Hunter's Buck Target retails for $69.99. It's about the same quality as the Delta target I used to have but IMO arrow removal was easier with the McKenzie.

Quick Reply: 3D target recommendations??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.