Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 what is wrong with p s e >

what is wrong with p s e

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

what is wrong with p s e

Old 08-02-2005, 03:13 PM

Default what is wrong with p s e

I bought a new pse Bruno the1'st of the year and i can not make it group[&o] I can bust knocks with my old bear white tail 2 that i bought 15 years ago but i sold it and went with a new one. I thought a 15 year newer bow would shoot better. I have try ed different rest different arrows nothing seems to help. any advise any one?
Old 08-02-2005, 04:37 PM

Default RE: what is wrong with p s e

get a mathews!
Old 08-02-2005, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

try adjusting your sights.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

My guess is that the new bow just needs a little time for you to get comfortable with it. Your 15 yr old bow was and is still a classic bow (ask me - I know.... I still shoot my old PSE bow and won't part with it!). Your old bow probably had 50% letoff or 65% letoff or something and was dual cam. The new bows are single cam or hybrids with 80% letoff and shoot a blazing 300+ feet a second! Translation: There might be a little bit of a learning curve with shooting a new wicked hot bow when you are used to your old reliable 15 year old bow.

....just my opinion.

Butch A.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you paper tuned it ? That might point out a tuning problem that playing around with the rest won't fix.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:30 AM

I would guess your older bow, you use a tab or glove. Now with bruin, you need a release. Finger shooting won't work on this short of bow. Also check your arrow wt and make sure the spine wt is rite for your draw wt and length
Old 08-04-2005, 06:06 AM

PSE - Piece of Sh-- Equipment

I used to have one years ago. All I had was headaches with it.. Have a Pre-Bowtech Diamond.. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!
Old 08-04-2005, 06:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

My guess is that the new bow just needs a little time for you to get comfortable with it.
I tend to agree with that an also the tuning comment. Have you tuned the bow yet? If not then I would suggest doing so and then giving it a few weeks before writing it off. You still have your old bow to fall back on, don't you?
Old 08-04-2005, 08:19 AM

I shot a PSE avenger for three years with great success. They are not a piece of junk.

Paper tune the bow first. Then adjust and you should start shooting good groups.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

Tune the bow! Its the shooter not the bow1

Quick Reply: what is wrong with p s e

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.