HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   what is wrong with p s e (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/107501-what-wrong-p-s-e.html)

brick shark 08-02-2005 03:13 PM

what is wrong with p s e

I bought a new pse Bruno the1'st of the year and i can not make it group[&o] I can bust knocks with my old bear white tail 2 that i bought 15 years ago but i sold it and went with a new one. I thought a 15 year newer bow would shoot better. I have try ed different rest different arrows nothing seems to help. any advise any one?

manboy 08-02-2005 04:37 PM

RE: what is wrong with p s e

get a mathews!:D

youngbuck013 08-02-2005 05:07 PM

try adjusting your sights.

ButchA 08-02-2005 05:33 PM

My guess is that the new bow just needs a little time for you to get comfortable with it. Your 15 yr old bow was and is still a classic bow (ask me - I know.... I still shoot my old PSE bow and won't part with it!). Your old bow probably had 50% letoff or 65% letoff or something and was dual cam. The new bows are single cam or hybrids with 80% letoff and shoot a blazing 300+ feet a second! Translation: There might be a little bit of a learning curve with shooting a new wicked hot bow when you are used to your old reliable 15 year old bow.

....just my opinion.

Butch A.

TerryM 08-02-2005 07:16 PM

Have you paper tuned it ? That might point out a tuning problem that playing around with the rest won't fix.

jakerite 08-04-2005 04:30 AM

I would guess your older bow, you use a tab or glove. Now with bruin, you need a release. Finger shooting won't work on this short of bow. Also check your arrow wt and make sure the spine wt is rite for your draw wt and length

ccm352 08-04-2005 06:06 AM

PSE - Piece of Sh-- Equipment

I used to have one years ago. All I had was headaches with it.. Have a Pre-Bowtech Diamond.. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

PABowhntr 08-04-2005 06:26 AM

My guess is that the new bow just needs a little time for you to get comfortable with it.
I tend to agree with that an also the tuning comment. Have you tuned the bow yet? If not then I would suggest doing so and then giving it a few weeks before writing it off. You still have your old bow to fall back on, don't you?

shhhh 08-04-2005 08:19 AM

I shot a PSE avenger for three years with great success. They are not a piece of junk.

Paper tune the bow first. Then adjust and you should start shooting good groups.

rochelle 08-04-2005 09:29 AM

Tune the bow! Its the shooter not the bow1:D