Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

what GPS are you using?

Old 08-07-2005, 07:57 PM

Default RE: what GPS are you using?

Got a eTrex Vista, love it. Little more memory than the ledgend, can load more maps. But, even units with WAAS won't get you real great accuracy if that's what your looking for. I use mine for fishing alot, it usually gets me within casting distance of the brushpile I marked.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

Garmin Etrex Summit,,it goes with me whenever i'm roaming the timber ,i like the barometric feature, it gives me somewhat of a forecast as to anyupcoming changes in weather.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

I'd love to have a unit that can download maps and has more features but I have been playing around with my basic Garmin Etrex and am quite amazed that this basic unit is all I need to get me back to camp. Maybe in the future one with more features will be in my hands, but for those who have never used one I think the basic unit is a good place to start. In only a couple of days of playing around with it, I feel confident with it already.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:31 PM

I have the original Etrex, a Etrex Venture, a GPS 76 (all three are Garmin)and a Magellan Meridian Platinum. The meridian is nice because of the expandable memory cards, which allow me to download Topo's, coastline marine charts, and even detailed turn-by-turn driving directions! But - the features that garmin has are more useful - like the built-in acerage calculator, and the ability to save tracks and routes seperately. If you order the topo software from Maptech, you can download all waypoints, tracks, etc. from mostany gps unit on the market. I have seen, and want a Garmin Etrex Legend!
Old 08-11-2005, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Roseaukaine.......I don't know how old the unit was, but a while back I saw a Garmin Etrex Legend on clearance for $125 at a Walmart. It was brand new, maybe it was a display model. I didn't grab it because at the time I already a new Etrex and thought I should learn how to use the basic unit first.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:15 PM

I too had purchased a Garmin eTRAX back in April,though it does not have all the bells and whistles it works great. It took very little time to learn and is a great little unit. I use it for fishing and looking forward to using it this fall. I have not been disapointed with itand don't think that I will be ,you can do a lot with just the basic unit.
Bill
Old 08-12-2005, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

My wife bought me a Lowrance "I finder hunt" for my birthday last year. It has hunting icons for stand, tracks etc. all related to hunting. I will say that I am a novice in the GPS world but this unit seems complicated as all get out to me. Of course I would never tell her that.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

I have the Garmin Rhino 120, Nice GPS features, but the two way radio isn't that great, it picks up alot of static when you put the radio in scan while using the GPS[:@]
Old 08-16-2005, 06:07 PM

I upgraded this year to a 60C Garmin, the color is so much easier on my 58 yr. old eyes.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

I have a Etrex also. I use it for atv riding in the summer and hunting in the fall. It dosn't have all the bells and so on but I wouldn't know how to work them anyway. LOL!

SF

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.