Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Switchback or V-tec

Old 07-21-2005, 07:54 AM

Default Switchback or V-tec

I am currently looking too buy a new bow, these are my main 2 options, just wondering if any body out there has shot both and would tell me which is better?

Thanx 4 the help
Old 07-21-2005, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Switchback or V-tec

I am NOT a expert but one of my hunting budys has a Switchback. I have a Supertec. We shoot together almost every weekend. They are both quiet, super fast bows. I would love to see you shoot a Hoyt but....... you will not go wrong with either choice!
Old 07-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just purchased a new bow this week. I spent alot of time shooting all different bows. I went back and forth between the Outback and the Switchback. I shot alot of arrows thru both. Then I picked up the Bowtechs and started shooting these. I narrowed it down between the switchback and the Bowtech Mighty Mite and went with the Mighty Mite. To me alot less hand shock, smaller axle to axle, smoother, quieter and more forgiving. Plus it weighs less which is important to me as I do alot of stomping and long hike to stands. I can't wait to get this bow in my tree stand!!!!!! Good luck and have fun!

In the end it is what bow fits YOU better!
Old 07-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Like stated above.. you can't go wrong with either...Shoot 'em both and pick whichever one feels best...
Old 07-21-2005, 01:36 PM

As it has been said,You can't go wrong with either bow.I,too,was going between the V-Tech and the Switchback.I when with the V-Tech because of the longer ATA,better grip(s),and the small reflex of only 1-1/2".I already own an LX,and the V-Tech,I feel,is a very easy bow to shoot.
Good Luck....Bob
Old 07-23-2005, 06:32 AM

I own the SB and my nephew owns the Vtech. Luckily, our draw lengths are exactly alike so I have shot his bow numerous times. The only difference I felt was hand shock. The Vtech had noticeable handshock as apposed to the SB. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same story you need to choose the one that fits and feels the best for you. Close your eyes and draw them back and see which feels better. They are all awesome bows so that's not the issue.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

WA snipereyes, have the two bows with the same draw lenght been shot through a chrony with the same arrow??

I am just wondering if the 13 fps difference made it to the real world or not.

One differenceI can see in the two bows is the amount of cam draw length adjustability. Onve has a lot, the other very little.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with the choice! I actually had a SwitchBackbut fell in love with the VTEC and ended up getting rid of the Mathews and buying the Hoyt. I really like the feel of the Hoyt much better.

Quick Reply: Switchback or V-tec

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.